The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

  • Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 Setup Calculator

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It's written to be as S550 specific as I can make it. I've made all sorts of assumptions, so it won't be perfect. There are no actual suspension geometries involved. Most good racing springs are #/in (at least in the US), so I left them in imperial units.

View attachment 112285
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Click on this. I think it will be what you're looking for if you want to tailor the numbers to your car. A live rear car is going to be a little different in how it produces ride/roll rates, but you can tune it for the S550/650 variants.

I meant is the vehicle assumptions/geometry inputs not able to follow the metric and imperial button selection? I can convert everything. I just didn't know if this was a bug or has to be metric inputs?
1791235856143.png
 
Ah, OK....that's just something I didn't think of. Don't tell anyone, but I tend to work in those 'funny' units.

When I get back to it, I'll add that. If anyone else has some features or things to add/change/whatever, I'd be happy to work on improving it.
 
Ah, OK....that's just something I didn't think of. Don't tell anyone, but I tend to work in those 'funny' units.

When I get back to it, I'll add that. If anyone else has some features or things to add/change/whatever, I'd be happy to work on improving it.
Yea it's funny I use metric at work but home I use imperial. Option for no anti rollbar would be nice as well, at least for the rear.
 
Ah, OK....that's just something I didn't think of. Don't tell anyone, but I tend to work in those 'funny' units.

When I get back to it, I'll add that. If anyone else has some features or things to add/change/whatever, I'd be happy to work on improving it.
Who you calling "funny". Don't knock the metric system, says the guy who asks for springs in lbs/in caus that kg/mm is just weird.
 
Kg/mm is Asian. Euros all use N/mm. We're over here using Stone/Furlong. No one can agree on anything! The world's goin' to hell, I tell you!

Get offa my lawn!
 

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel
Top