The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

SCCA has lost their minds!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has anyone looked at the T2 eligible cars? T2 has the Viper GTS @#3600 against a V6 mustang @#3300 and then the 2013 Grand Sport Vette @#3500 the Boss 302 @3500 and then this is really rich the 2018 mustang @ 3600 AND allows solid bushings, the bigger brakes, and handling package. WTAF?? The 05-10 4.6 GT is also included in that class.

This was bad when I quit a while ago but this is just not even fair. I'm sorry there is no way any of those cars could ever balance out and be truly competitive with each other. In what universe is a Grand Sport Vette close to level with a v6 or 4.6 Mustang solid axle?

Direct from the GCR:
1612560721441.png
1612560806428.png

Last edited:
sfo
It is worst that you post. I'm in T2 for last 10 years. SCCA just allowed bmw m2 clubsport factory racecar in my TOURING class! The porsches also get a $10k rear wing yet I cannot put the Swing on my 2019 GT. Yeah I go there just to drive around the track. You can win T2 conference like I did 2020 because competition sucks. But nationally the money boys pull out all the stops. My GT new under 40k. Bmw m2 CS start $125k if you can get it. This class was for cars you and zi can buy. I asked BMW about buying the clubsport I got rushed off like an undeserving poor bum. Well I guess they got the last part right. Basically the bmw violates class philosophy because joe average isn't connected enough to buy that car.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
.....and now you know why this member of SCCA for 40 years has run ST2 in NASA for the last 2 years and will again this year. The car is still a little heavy , but with the HP to weight ratio it works out pretty well. A Viper is in ST1 or above and though there are newer cars that mean a Boss S is a bit behind the times, there are some mods from Sponsors on this site that will keep you pretty darn competitive. Check out nasaproracing.com , look up the Region near you and check their schedule. SCCA is the undisputed " King " of the autocross, but NASA is really making it accessible for the majority of Regional amateur racers.

Good luck, you do have to fit in with the HP to weight ratio , but there is even a Class grid that figures you weight and hp by just punching in the numbers to give you a rough estimate of the Class you would be in. Most end up in TT3/ST3 or TT2/ST2 running Mustangs.

Good luck.

TT3/TT2 is for Time Trials license holders
ST3/ST2 is for Road Racing license holders , who can also run in the equal TT events with the same car.

sfo
SCCA allowing factory race cars into the touring classes is pure BS. It's not why the class was created.

Yeah. 2 factory bmws at cota right now. I'm surprised Phoenix guys with weight (kurt and joeA) can't squash this. No one listens to a back marker like me. The old bmw 235miR racecar should never be in our group either. No way a normal guy could buy one. I tried they were 80k when they came out.

SCCA allowing factory race cars into the touring classes is pure BS. It's not why the class was created.
yes it is specifically against the touring class mission statement. I really don't understand how these guys make decisions to which cars are supposed to be equal. 400+ V8s against 280-300hp V6 with only a 200-300# weight difference is just stupid. And then does not even account for suspension, brakes or tire size. I mean the Vette has 315s and the mustangs are 245s.

yes it is specifically against the touring class mission statement. I really don't understand how these guys make decisions to which cars are supposed to be equal. 400+ V8s against 280-300hp V6 with only a 200-300# weight difference is just stupid. And then does not even account for suspension, brakes or tire size. I mean the Vette has 315s and the mustangs are 245s.

I'm guessing you didn't read all the notes that most cars have restrictors. If you want to run a 3.7 V6 or the 4.6 v8, T3 is a much better place. Which Vette has 315's in T2? Which Mustang has 245s?

TMO Supporting Vendors