The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Schroth Quick Fit Belt/Harness System(s)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
I have one (QuickFit Pro - HANS compatible), it works well. Doesn't disable any of the built in safety devices such as the seatbelt pretensioner, makes it very easy to switch to the 3 point belt for legal highway use. Not terribly difficult to install, I think it took an hour or two.

However, even with factory Recaros and QuickFit Pro with the changes I've made to the car I am now back to not having enough lateral support and end up wiggling around in the seat to get back into position at least once every lap. I am in the process of going to real race seats with better side bolstering, Watson 4 point bar and 6 point harnesses. It just depends on how far you are going to take your car.

Bay Area
IMHO, if you’re tracking you car. Just install a roll bar and do a 6 point harness. when it comes to safety put your life and family in mind first. And FYI, mine is a dual purpose car with a Watson 4 point roll bar and Schroth 6 points that can be removed in minutes.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Gibsonia, PA
Thanks Folks:

Since I'll be tracking my car a maximum of four times per summer, and trying to keep the car easily convertible back to stock, I'm thinking that these may be the way to go. Thanks for the feedback!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Philly Metro Area
Just check with the track and groups you run with to make sure they'll pass tech.

You're close to Pitt Race and I have no idea of their policies. Pocono is ok with them but NJMP does not approve.

I believe some groups such as PCA do not like the Quick-Fits.

Monaca Pa
Mark if you are doing Track Nights SCCA they are fine.. My friend uses them in his S550. And other friends that do hpde use stock seat belts.. Hope to see you at Pittsburgh International Race Complex.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel