The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

SCJ Monoblade TB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Waco, TX
Yes two of them. We ended up going with the twin blade and no issues ever since. Car would go into limp mode when the wrench light.

302 Hi Pro said:
Did you tune for the new TB?

302 Hi Pro

No, I'm on the initial base tune. I should be safe since the tune is for the monoblade and this TB moves less air.

The clutch was just replaced so I need to get it broke in before putting this thing on the dyno for some data logging.

Yes and no. Had the twin blade first and it was fine. Switched to the mono and had issues with the AED tune. Would go to limp mode a lot. Installed the Lund tune for it and worked good. Minor issues. I spoke to Accufab about the issue and was told the monoblade was never intended for our smaller engines. It was designed for the higher vacuum of the supercharged GT500. Has to do with the idle adjustment. Computer is constantly making adjustments and eventually gives up and throws a code. If you send it in they will adjust the idle and problem solved.
Having run both on the dyno I can say on my application I lost hp and torque with the SCJ vs CJ. The only reason I have kept the SCJ is I like the lopey idle that Lund has so I give up hp/torque. There's no lopey idle with the CJ tb.

Terry
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A little late to this but I have had no noticeable issues with my SCJ monoblade. That being said, a friend with a nearly identical setup (nly on a GT if that matters at all) had nothing but issues with theirs. It would start fine, idle for a few minutes then the idle would hang, wrench would come on and go into limp mode. As stated above, Accufab told us that this was never intended to work on this engine and for that matter likely wouldn't work. It seems that you either get a "good one" or a "bad one".

I got the long winded speech from Accufab as well. I sent the mono blade back to Accufab, they adjusted it and sent back. Installed it, fired it up, and it purred like a kitten. Idle response/drivability was significantly better. I was driving along fat dumb and happy, then it went into limp mode. I could clear it by shutting the engine off and restarting it, however, it got to the point that it wouldn't clear upon restart. The only way to clear it was to put a damp rag on the servo motor to cool it down. Got fed up and bought a twin blade, no more issues. Now I am looking for a shop with a dyno so I can get my data logging completed and get this thing on the track. missed too many events already.

TMO Supporting Vendors