The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Selling the factory pirellis off of my boss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2012 Boss racer

I am wanting to sell the factory pirellis off of my 2012 boss 302. It is my daily driver and with winter coming I want to put all season tires on it! I will probably get the continental extreme contact tires. The rears are the same size as the pirellis. The fronts are slightly smaller than the pirellis, they are 245/40ZR19, instead of 255/40ZR19. I am wanting to sell the pirellis for $1000. They have about 4100 miles on them. All street miles. No track use! Send me a pm if interested!

Thanks,
Greg

IMO that's too much money. They are only good for about 10,000 miles so they are close to half used up. You'd be better off keeping them and using them next summer or at the track.

2012 Boss racer

They are off of a regular boss (not LS). I am going to have to drive this car through the winter, I had to promise my wife I wouldn't buy another vehicle for 10 years just to get the boss in the first place, so a winter truck is out of the question and I can not afford to get a second set of wheels and tires to run in the winter. I figure if I can sell the pirellis, that will basically equal the cost of the continentals. I tried to find a price for these pirellis on tire rack, but could not find them, however the cheapest Pirelli were still over $400, so I didn't think $1000 sounded too bad.

I feel your pain. My wife indicated that the Boss is my toy for basically the rest of my life!

I tried driving my 2007 Mustang with "all season" Pirellis through one winter and that was enough for me - From December through March it stayed in the garage.

If you get winter tires (I'm not sure where you are) you will probably be good (except in extreme snowfalls) with the traction control. But any regular all season will give you fits if my experience is any indication. Good luck and be careful!

2012 Boss racer said:
They are off of a regular boss (not LS). I am going to have to drive this car through the winter, I had to promise my wife I wouldn't buy another vehicle for 10 years just to get the boss in the first place, so a winter truck is out of the question and I can not afford to get a second set of wheels and tires to run in the winter. I figure if I can sell the pirellis, that will basically equal the cost of the continentals. I tried to find a price for these pirellis on tire rack, but could not find them, however the cheapest Pirelli were still over $400, so I didn't think $1000 sounded too bad.

Sounds like you have two Bosses,one for year round and one for life.Good luck with both.lol ::)

jlmust said:
2012 Boss racer said:

Sounds like you have two Bosses,one for year round and one for life.Good luck with both.lol ::)
I think the prudent thing to do is get rid of the Boss. Since the depreciation of you buying it lowers the value you will have to keep it and get rid of the other one.!! I feel your pain. My wife is about ready for a new car and has indicated she is entitled to a $40K car also. What can you say?

What about buying a cheap beater for a thousand bucks?

TMO Supporting Vendors