The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Short driver help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey guys

My girl and me are planning a long trip to Murphy nc, then to her hometown in jersey. Well we want to take the boss, problem is she can't drive stick for one but second she is only 5'2" and she has a really hard time actually using the clutch when we've tried to teach her how. Does anybody have any suggestions for ways to help out this? I really enjoy driving my boss... But 20+ hours not so much.

Thanks
Kody.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a pedal extender that you can add to the clutch pedal that many members have used. I don't remember the seller but I'm sure someone will come along with that info. You might also try a search on BMO.

Here is a link to the cluth pedal extender I and a lot others use. Made a huge difference for me!

http://www.shop.bondraperformanceengineering.com/Mustang-EZ-Clutch-Pedal-Extension-MusEZ.htm

I'll have to pick one up. It's a pain now cuz she's so small she can't push the pedal down with just her foot, she has to use her entire leg and has to sit right up on the steering wheel.

The clutch extender works well for my wife and she's 5'2" also. I like it as well since I can get back a more comfortable distance from the steering wheel - I'm just shy of 6'. It's a little more than I'd like but works so everyone is happy.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
GottaBoss said:
The clutch extender works well for my wife and she's 5'2" also. I like it as well since I can get back a more comfortable distance from the steering wheel - I'm just shy of 6'. It's a little more than I'd like but works so everyone is happy.
+1 my wife is 5'2" and she could drive it without it bit has to be knees in the dash now with it she drives it just fine

It looks like I'll giving driving lessons lol. I told her all she has to do is get to 6th on the interstate and then it's like driving a normal car... But getting to the 6th gear part is gonna be a treat lol.

302BOB; my boss is a car that most couldn't tolerate driving for very long so it's usually safe.

Unit5alive; I'm sorry for your loss. And my girl also has that problem. I think I may try adding a small spacer to the bottom of the seat to get her a little higher up. But even in her vw bug she had to sit on a pillow to see.

TMO Supporting Vendors