The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 Silver V6 Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Houston, TX
Keep rocking it my sir! A big plus on the sixes is they get 7 instead of 4 mpg at the track!! :biggrin: And hey, its a mustang; with a few little mods they handle AMAZING!! Welcome to the clan!

63 vair... homm would n't be a Corvair fan would you?, a friend of mine had a Corsa that got into the 12s in the quarter mile, back in the day.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
We have a couple of Autocross Masters in the Midwest ( Dick Berger and Charlie Clark ) who are also in the small group of 100 Percenters. Those are the folks that have been to every SCCA Solo National Championship since the event began and this year is the 50th Anniversary. I am sure they will both show up in their Corvairs and over the years they have been super competitive in C Prepared -- Charlie Clark has even won a couple of National Championships in his. Sure, they are not that competitive today, but it will be a hoot to see them run again in Lincoln this September.

You are lucky enough to have two legendary cars and having driven a Turbocharged Corsa, many years back, at an autocross in Kansas I will attest those American Porsches hooked up phenomenally. They were quite fast with the Turbo as they were quite light.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Houston, TX
Thanks. I I've had mine on track a few times, but the 'vettes and M3s are faster.
There will always be a faster or better driver/car; you just have to keep going out there and welcome the challenge! Set a goal for what you are looking to get out of you and your ride and strive for it. Some people just want to have fun and some people want to break the track record, wherever you fall in between, give it 100%!
Oh, and believe me, with enough dedication and some upgrades, our v6s can give a similarly equipped M3 or Corvette a run for their pride.

TMO Supporting Vendors