The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 2011 Mustang V6 - Champ Car Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

We’re guys at Daytona this year? Car looks familiar.
Yessir, I remember you, we came over and talked to you and some other team members while waiting in that insane Tech line. That was our first race in this car.

Blew up two clutches, a Ram Powergrip and then the cheap AutoZone one we threw in in the paddock. Only got about 5 hours of track time total, but we all got the experience of going 150MPH at Daytona, so that's what matters.

We put in an ACT clutch and SS clutch line and did 15 hours at Hallett with no issues.

Gimpy....I smiled as I typed that.............Race on Gimpy.................. :hellyeah:
Lol. Picture the scene...

I'm a starry-eyed sophomore in high school that just moved to live with my dad. It's a brisk, December Monday in 2012, my first day at my new school. I meet a very cute and (overly) friendly senior girl; I'm in class, she's on her lunchtime, just hanging out in our classroom. She comes over and sits on my lap as she's calling attendance for the instructor. Great first day...

That night, I break my left ankle and hyperextend both knees wrestling. I spend Monday night in agonizing pain and then limp to the ER on Tuesday. Show back up to school on Wednesday with two knee immobilizers, a boot, and a shiny set of crutches. She comes over to ask me where I've been, goes to sit in my lap again, sees my broken, useless legs, and takes to calling me Gimpy.

I ran with it; hey, when you're the weird new kid at a new school, and a popular older girl gives you a cute nickname, you accept it, gratefully. And it turns out, this username is available everywhere!

Only later did I find out some, uh...alternative and less familly-safe uses for that word 😅

TMO Supporting Vendors