The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

SOLD: Jongbloed Series 700 10.5" x 18 Wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Set of four (4) Jongbloed Series 700 wheels for sale. The size is 10.5" x 18" with an ET +45mm offset. The wheels have metal valve stems and TPMS sensors installed / included. Selling price is $600.00 plus shipping.

The wheels fit an S197 mustang.

Local pickup in Middletown, Delaware is available. I will also be at the SCMC Fall Fest at VIR November 9 - 11, 2018 and can bring the wheels to the track.

I used these wheels for two track seasons. They are good track wheels, but have cosmetic flaws / scratches. I you want to use them for a street car, they need to be sanded and a new topcoat of paint applied.

I purchased these from Cortex Racing for $425.00 / wheel plus shipping.

http://cortexracing.com/product/jongbloed-series-700-wheel-18-x-10-5-45mm/

IMG_0816.JPG

That’s a nice deal. GLWS

No, you do not need an offset strut for a 315 tire. I ran Hoosier 315/35/18 tires on these rims using a 20mm H&R spacer with non-offset JRi front struts. There was plenty of room. I think even with the Cortex offset strut, you would still need a small spacer depending on the exact tire.

Spacer size will depend on the tire and the specific brand of strut. MCS, Cortex, Maximum Motorsports struts all are made slightly different. Tires sizes vary greatly even for the same advertised size. Also, DOT tires such as Hoosiers have a rim protector bead while a BFG R1 does not. The Hoosier 315 is wider at the rim mounting surface than the BFG, while the BFG has a wider treadwidth and overall section width.

For track use, I prefer running a 15 - 20mm spacer even if it is not needed for clearance. The spacer widens the front track increasing front grip. Most of the PWC cars used a 3/4" front spacer.

TMO Supporting Vendors