The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Springs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yes I am using the 55D springs on my Brembo GT at this time . Then I first got my 2011 GT I put a set of Steeda sport
spring on my car there a Great set of spring but my car a DD car . I use these for about year and when i heard about the 55D spring coming out i wanted to give them a try . There some bad bumps on the freeway I have to drive to work every day and they were beating me up a bit ( 55 years old now back not so good ) so i made the change to 55D spring . The 55D spring let me hit the big bumps at 80 miles per hours with out bottoming rear end housing out on the bounce stops. Now to be fair to the steeda sport springs maybe i did not cut the bounce stop enough for the rear end housing to have enough travel . When 55D spring came available i got a set . I when back to my stock front spring with the 55D in the back it fix the problems with the big bumps on the freeway I now have 41,000 miles on the car . For me this made a great all around set up for my DD . It lower the back of the car just enough so when i walk out to the car its not saying to me my ass end is to high in the air why keeping a great ride and handling .

Now you guys got Boss 302 with a driff. spring set up so how well it going to work for you i don't know but the rears are easy to change and if you trying to lower just the back of the car a little (1/2 inch) it may be just what you are looking for .

I put the P springs in mine and love them. I had the rears in for a couple days before I had the fronts put in. It felt pretty good but still had alot of brake dive. After I put the fronts in - no more brake dive. It didnt lower it that much, I think its way better looking and handling then stock.

T1000 said:
Great post and Info guys, question I have on lowering the rear with the "P springs", Steeda or the 55D do you have to make an adjustment to the panhard bar, or will the factory bar and setting be ok?
The question about the need for an adjustable panhard bar is not relevant to the manufacturer, it's relevant to the drop. It's simple geometry. The bar attaches to the frame on the passenger side and the axle on the driver's side. If you lower the car, the panhard bar naturally pushes the axle to the left (driver side). The more you lower it the further it pushes it over. Now you don't NEED an adjustable panhard bar with lowering springs, but your axle will be shifted to the left and IMO look funny without it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

TMO Supporting Vendors