The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Subframe connectors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Concord NC
Would anyone have the How to from the book "Mustang Performance Handbook 2 by William R. Mathis" for building subframe connectors? I've searched the web and can't find it. I built these from this article over 20 years ago on a bracket car I had and liked them better than the off the shelves you buy. I'm looking at ground clearance and these will strengthen the car plus give you ground clearance.
I'd like to get a copy and dimensions from that write up

I do not have that book, but ti has been my experience that buying SFCs is a lot more cost effective than building them yourself unless you have some exceptional fabricating skills. As I recall, I ran the Steedas on my SN95 and was very happy with them. My foxbody, I fabbed some up, but it had a roll cage so it was pretty stout to begin with, so prolly, not much gained there. I have also fab'd some up for a 3rd gen Camaro that I use dto own, but given the choice, I would still buy them. A lot less cutting and having material left over to store, plus the tools to do it.

Here's that build thread, BTW

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Concord NC
Here's that build thread, BTW

I'll check that out

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel