The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

T&A Shocks / Coilovers - Looking for info / feedback

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has anyone used or know anything about T&A Shocks? I came accoss them on eBay and found their site...links below. I am considering a purchase but haven't been able to find any good reveiws or feedback online. The info on their site sounds promising and the price is right ($400 each) but I'd like some independent feedback / info before spending the money.

If anyone knows anything about the company and the coilovers beyond what's on their site I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance. Sean

http://www.tandashocks.biz/untitled2.html

[urlhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Mustang-Coil-over-Racing-strut-By-T-A-Shocks-LLC-/190533865983?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c5cb411ff&vxp=mtr#ht_756wt_916][/url]

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Too new a shop for me to buy from. Might be good stuff, but let somebody else buy first.

And do you really want to explain why your credit card or paypal account says 'payment to T&A'? ;) ;D

Tulsa, OK
Grant 302 said:
Too new a shop for me to buy from. Might be good stuff, but let somebody else buy first.

And do you really want to explain why your credit card or paypal account says 'payment to T&A'? ;) ;D

LOLOLOLOL

Thanks Grant. I was thinking the same about the name. LOL The thing that's still got me interested is the fact that they seem to have a good reputation with Ford GT(40) shocks and certified Penske dealer (I'd think that Penske would vet there dealers / shock builders rather well). They also seem to have had a lot of success in SCCA Sedan racing. I did find 2 things 1) the coilovers are modified and custom valved Bilsteins 2) an SCCA forum post discussing the release of the Mustang coilover from 2011 - I'm finding it hard to beleive there is so little info online if they've been selliung them for for over 3 years.

Anyhow, I'm still intreaged and will defintely be giving them a call before I purchase anything. Who knows maybe I will get a nice set of T&A before to long!

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
That info makes them sound legit enough and might be worth a shot. I don't mean to say that a relatively new vendor or product shouldn't ever be given a chance... I've done it on occasion.

Definitely let us know if you make the jump.

Alex of T&A has been involved with suspensions for quite a while. He worked for Ford during the development of the current Ford GT( suspension development) and until recently, was to go to guy for most of the people that put suspension on their GT's. Ohlin's are where people are going for their GT's now, but they tend to be a bit more that the Penske's.
I would call Alex and talk with him and tell him what your looking for and see what he recommends. He may or may not have a solution for your price range..
He does represent Penske racing shocks.

KBBOSS1086 said:
Has anyone used or know anything about T&A Shocks? I came accoss them on eBay and found their site...links below. I am considering a purchase but haven't been able to find any good reveiws or feedback online. The info on their site sounds promising and the price is right ($400 each) but I'd like some independent feedback / info before spending the money.

If anyone knows anything about the company and the coilovers beyond what's on their site I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance. Sean

http://www.tandashocks.biz/untitled2.html

[urlhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Mustang-Coil-over-Racing-strut-By-T-A-Shocks-LLC-/190533865983?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c5cb411ff&vxp=mtr#ht_756wt_916][/url]

TMO Supporting Vendors