The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Taking a Boss to spectator drags

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My friend John went to the spectator drags in Seekonk. I warned him that some of these guys will ram you. But they have to catch you first.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2Ugsogadfw[/youtube]

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
So what is the policy if they ram you? I remember seeing that one Jeep SRT8 video where the dude in some S10 Blazer just blasts him straight in the quarter panel at the green...

ArizonaBOSS said:
So what is the policy if they ram you? I remember seeing that one Jeep SRT8 video where the dude in some S10 Blazer just blasts him straight in the quarter panel at the green...

I am not sure, but there are plenty of videos like that. Think of it as the hockey of car racing. It's not a demolition derby, but they won't throw you out. I warned him and thankfully he got through it without a scratch.

ArizonaBOSS said:

Same as any other track event--you signed the waiver.

I'm not buying that statement....Same as any other track event--you signed the waiver.
The track has rules and a different type of drivers I would think. I dont track my car or spectator drags. I could be wrong but on the track people dont just try and take you out for shits and giggles. Different class of driver.

boss man said:
I'm not buying that statement....Same as any other track event--you signed the waiver.
The track has rules and a different type of drivers I would think. I dont track my car or spectator drags. I could be wrong but on the track people dont just try and take you out for shits and giggles. Different class of driver.

Some of them do, believe me. Plus you are right next to a guy who has no real track experience. Recipe for disaster.

boss man said:

Alls I'm saying is if you think you can force someone (track/other driver) to pay, you can't.

TMO Supporting Vendors