The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S650 Time Attack Dark Horse Build Thread Profile - S650 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Austin, TX
The stripes look great on your car and do post some more pictures if you have any? Welcome as a new member also.
I used a stock photo, I actually ordered with the stripe delete. Still waiting allocation but getting build kit ready to hopefully make some late spring-summer events.

i want to see what it can do at COTA showroom stock, then will add the Whipple etc to see where it's at before landing on classing and aero package but want to see how it can do near stock.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
You will likely get plenty of folks on here suggest you forgo the Whipple and spend the funds on wheels , tires, suspension, harnesses, etc. as heat soak from a Supercharger is a real issue for road course machines. The extra work needed to keep it cool and work well for a decent period of time means you need to go in with the idea of spending more bucks to keep the motor cool. Many drivers will get vented hoods ( like Anderson Composites for example ) or cut vents in the hood to keep their NA motor in a good temperature range. Just a little advice of issues you will likely encounter and have fun at COTA.

Agreed, take one look at the amount of work that Ford invested into cooling the GT500 to keep it able to track reliably, you'd have to add that much in cooling if not more as I've heard that the stage 1 Whipple kits are making like 800+ on the Dark Horse.

TMO Supporting Vendors