The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

TPS SS Brake Lines

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This is an excellent price on SS brake lines.

http://www.tpsmotorsports.com/mustang-2005-2009/brakes/brake-accessories/tps-mustang-stainless-steel-brake-lines-05-12-4-wheel-abs.html

I was able to install the brakes lines this last Thursday. And by the way, no directions were included. Installation of the rear lines was simple. No real modifications other than replacing Fords bracket with theirs. Now the front was a little different. These lines do not have the sharp bends that Fords lines do at the caliper attachment point. Also, if you use the bracket they supply, you will have to bend the brake lines closer to the frame. No big deal I guess. I made new brackets for the fronts that allowed me to not have to bend they original lines. I did not take a pic, but if I get a chance I will take one and post it. Now as far as the lines working better than the stock low expansion lines... it is hard to say for sure. I ran Watkins Glen this past weekend and I beleive they firm up the pedal a little under hard braking, but not much. It is hard for me to tell for sure though, as I have not been to the track with my Boss since the end of June. The lines did not hurt the braking!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel