The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Track Time Videos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That hillclimb looks fun. Like Goodwood but in the US.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Finally a better time then the pair of Porsche GT3 (not cups) cars that run in our category. Only 0.11 seconds off being sent to the pro group.... Still with out the wing (it just arrived).... Bitter sweet, as next lap I lost oil pressure and perforated the block.... Stay tuned for forensics!

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Puff of smoke and a nice little hole right by the base of the oil filter..... Engine out on monday and find out what happened. Hole is right by #5, but hand cranking the motor, the piston has the same range of motion as #6. Odd, but you can still feel the comression in #5 as in turns...... Dam and double dam.... Cars was flying... till it wasn't..... :(

Duane Black

Curbs go brrrppp
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Durham, NC
I've posted in lap times, never here! I guess I'll fish for some likes or post for entertainment

Sunday morning was pretty wet at VIR for NASA OktoberFAST weekend.

I'm the weird guy who smiles and starts doing the little "woo hoo" rubbing my palms together when it rain . I'm usually average pace or fast end of average here - yet when it rains, like 9 cars come to grid and I was among the first. I was passed by one brz who cut a few practice laps before gridding for his beast of the east race and winning it easily apparently. That, or theres two of these things looking near identical. In the two wet sessions, it was the only car to pass me.

I ran a 2:42.26, but Harry's has a glitch where it stops recording on me now.

The front straight is crazy now in rain. It used to pool in the dip after start finish, but I guess they've made it drain better since last time I ran wet here .

However, hog pen to finish is BAD. VERY BAD. If you have to go inside for a pass, consider its hydroplane heaven. I dont remember it being like this, but these were also the worst conditions I've ever driven at VIR

I also have a compilation of HPDE4 traffic management

TMO Supporting Vendors