The Mustang Forum for Track Enthusiasts

Track Mustangs Online was built specifically for those who track their Mustangs!

Track Time Videos

Duane Black

TMO Race
Reaction score
This track time video of me has a little of everything from what might be the last track event in the country for a month... Road Atlanta, March 14-15, 2020! Chasing @Apex3V at the beginning, then getting passed by some fast Porsches, passing Miatas, a wet session where I had to adjust every lap as the track got wetter (@Apex3V girlfriend for a ride and Apex himself chasing me, but not seen in the video), and lastly, hte last 90 seconds... I talked my own girlfriend into riding along. I'll be damned if a BMW didn't get stupid in the damp and spin it out coming off 7 right in front of both of us!

Duane Black

TMO Race
Reaction score
@Norm Peterson , it certainly wasnt new behavior, but i didnt know he had any talks. Did you have sources on the ground i wasnt aware of?

if any are interested, below is a video from mid ohio. Its nasa de4, I "dueled" a spec iron car following a passing drill, but its obviously not racing. I alternated using the standard line vs defensive lines, giving every opportunity to make the pass. He finally does it with horse power after holding position on t2. 6:32 is a point where he damn near got me but i held him off.

I included some other fun from aboit 11-18 minutes

18:23 out are my first ever laps. An attentive eye will notice me trying to dial in marks and attentive ears will hear me selecting different gears in t6 and t9 and carousel.

Duane Black

TMO Race
Reaction score
@Norm Peterson , I'm not good at reading anthropomorphism apparently.

Today was club course. After my fastesr lap i get one or rwo more cleanish laps, but then it gets hectic around 19:00-23:00 territory

I've also been told by a fellow i drove with that I'm the only driver he has seen who could effectiveky drive ON the curb in T1, i discovered it by accident in my first session. It was tricky to put power doeb as evidenced by a few mistakes, but when done right, it was fast and fun

Duane Black

TMO Race
Reaction score
Wow, I thought the racing world was getting bakc at it, but we have no videos??

I guess it's on me and @Apex3V to provide!

I was a bit too aggressive... it looks like a too early turn in to T12 combined with my mind deciding I could do WOT through there for the first time led to an excursion that nearly cost me my life or a lot of money, but I was very fortunate.

I also caught gravel in T5 on two occassions this weekend.

I'd like to blame some serious personal issues at home that have me off my game, but being on track lifted my spirits a little bit. It's just me trying to get too much really.

The first 30 seconds are my 4 off and 2 off, followed by a personal best, followed by some passes.

I need to work on some race craft. I strat missing some apexes if I'm tense in traffic, and I tend to crab off a corner if I'm going to be side by side with someone.

Jet One

TMO Advanced
Reaction score

Got a chance to run NCCAR located just south of the Virginia North Carolina Border on I95. We ran CCW configuration Sat and Clockwise Sunday. I've never been there before so its was a lot to take in over the weekend. Apexes are clearly marked by red dots and help tremendously. Long radius turns make up the "Peanut". Lots of fun but, tough on tires! Heres some clips of me running it both directions.

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors