The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Track Tour: Road America

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reserved for event specific discussion.

@cloud9

I wish I was in the same time slot as the rest of you. I am in the dealer grouping on the afternoon of the 9th, then heading home that night. Also staying at the Baymont on the 8th.

I really appreciated this opportunity, but regrettably I have to cancel. I have been asked to participate in the Track Guys Mustang Challenge Race at MPH September 11-13th. It’s followed by our 5th Annual Mustang Roundup the following weekend where several FoMoCo leaders will be participating. I feel like I need to support George and the track and participate in their event the 11th-13th. I do have a GT350 on order with a build week of 9/14/15 so fortunately I’ll be in the driver’s seat very soon, and these may be the last two events in my Boss 302 before retiring it for the Shelby GT350.

I really hope a BMO member gets my spot at Track Tour. Please post up if you do!

Given my familarity with the track, it was disappointing that they reduced the track as much as they did. The lap started with the hill climb to T6, they had cones set up in middle of the carousel forcing a slight speed reduction, the Kink was removed by forcing a slow left hand turn off the main track and then back on again, and then ended at 13. We each got three laps driving and one with the instructor driving. Had I known, I would not have spent a very long day for 6 minutes in the car. :p

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
TMSBOSS said:
Interesting to see they removed the main straight and 3 through 5 straights from their course.

I love the sound!!! :'(

I'm sure that was more to prevent people from getting in way over their heads going 150+ three times a lap in an unfamiliar car.
That does suck for those that have driven the track before, though.

I was at Road America event today. I think the main reason they only used 1/2 the track was more of a time factor. If they had used the entire track no way people could have had time to do even 3 laps. Was disappointed with the cones in the carousel and that we had to use the motorcycle chicane. I do understand why though. Overall nice of Ford to do this as they are obviously dumping a lot of money into these events. Very impressed with the car. Can't wait to get mine.

I was there today also. I got a few pictures, mostly of the booth and car and parts display so nothing new. But I can post them up if somebody is interested.

it was my first time at Road America and like everybody else I was a bit disappointed that we didn't run the full course but I fully understand why.
As for the cones in the carrousel, they were a bit surprising at first but the next 2 lap they didn't bother me. My instructor told me it was very close to the correct line for that turn.

The car is great. Very composed and easy to drive. My only complaint is with the clutch . I didn't get a good feeling for it. Maybe I needed more time to get used to it.

On a side note, I think one of the car popped a motor :'(
From what I've heard it was one of the very first car that did all the past events. It happened at the chicane that bypass the kink. An instructor was driving it and when he downshifted into second, big cloud of blue smoke.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel