The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Used Steeda Boss lowering springs. "SOLD"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OLOABoss

AKA OLOABoss
Re: Used Steeda Boss lowering springs

They were on the car for around 5000 miles.

The Steeda springs are fine for a street car as they lower the rear around 1" the front stays the same height. For a track car they don't really allow enough neg front camber before hitting the shock tower. Hey I might have screwed up a sale but I do bdleve in truth in advertising.

Reason for sale is I sold da Boss.

Peter

Don't hate Thomas. You just web surf like you drive, slow! LOL

For those of you that don't know Tom and I live within blocks of each other and were friends til I got the springs he wanted.

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
I have a question about the Steeda Boss springs.
I'm about to install them but was wondering if I'll need a Panhard bar with these, and do I have to cut them bumps stops?
Thanks, figured I'd use a pre existing post. If it's a problem I'll start a new thread.
Shawn

unrealford said:
I have a question about the Steeda Boss springs.
I'm about to install them but was wondering if I'll need a Panhard bar with these, and do I have to cut them bumps stops?
Thanks, figured I'd use a pre existing post. If it's a problem I'll start a new thread.
Shawn
Shawn,
I have the Boss specific Steeda springs on our '13 and yes, you will need an adjustable Panhard bar. The rear in our car shifted between 3/8"-1/2" to the drivers side.

And no, the bump stops did not need to be trimmed. I have seen others resort to replacing their bump stops with shorter ones though.

I hope this helps.

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
Re: Re: Used Steeda Boss lowering springs. "SOLD"

mardis said:
Shawn,
I have the Boss specific Steeda springs on our '13 and yes, you will need an adjustable Panhard bar. The rear in our car shifted between 3/8"-1/2" to the drivers side.

And no, the bump stops did not need to be trimmed. I have seen others resort to replacing their bump stops with shorter ones though.

I hope this helps.
Thank you very much. Sucks about the Panhard bar.

TMO Supporting Vendors