The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Voodoo w/TR-9070 DCT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Minnesota
With used DCTs starting to hit the parts markets, is this something worth pursuing? FPC noises with 100ms shifts. Building a Voodoo powered ‘33 FFR roadster and hung up on which transmission as I prefer not to shift a road car that’ll see only a couple track days per year.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
I have only driven one in a Mustang once, but the new 10 speed automatic is pretty snappy, not like the slushboxes of old. I have one in my F150 and it is a really slick piece.
Automatics need shedloads of cooling if you're going to run them on track though. I'm guessing that's going to be a cheaper alternative to a DCT, especially for a road car.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Minnesota
I have only driven one in a Mustang once, but the new 10 speed automatic is pretty snappy, not like the slushboxes of old. I have one in my F150 and it is a really slick piece.
Automatics need shedloads of cooling if you're going to run them on track though. I'm guessing that's going to be a cheaper alternative to a DCT, especially for a road car.
I hated the 10S in my ‘18 F-150. 5.0L with 3.73s.

From what I understand they just started to crack the TCU for the DCT in the GT500 so that should be a possibility. I as well would love DCT reponse paired with Voodoo noises, but the pockets and free time aren't plentiful enough for me to be the guinea pig here.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Minnesota
From what I understand they just started to crack the TCU for the DCT in the GT500 so that should be a possibility. I as well would love DCT reponse paired with Voodoo noises, but the pockets and free time aren't plentiful enough for me to be the guinea pig here.
I already have a Gen2 Voodoo. I figured a guy could re-work the GT500 engine harness from CPC to FPC firing order and injectors. Tune out the SCr and trim the excess wiring until a standalone becomes available. Of course, I am sure there is far more to it, but that was my thinking process so far.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
I hated the 10S in my ‘18 F-150. 5.0L with 3.73s.
Mine's a '23 Super Crew with the 2.7 twin turbo V6. 10 speed gearbox works really good with it. I was pulling my '16 Mustang track car on a 25' tandem trailer with it, the thing never broke a sweat pulling that load. It's got the tow package so there's a trans temp gauge, it never went above normal even when towing on hot summer days. I've had a pile of trucks and this one is by far the best I've had yet, that turbo motor makes a ton of torque. It gets the same mileage on the street as my Mustang does. Not sure if that's a good thing or not....:)

TMO Supporting Vendors