The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

  • Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Wants some ideas on my next HUGE wash and wax

So I'm preparing for my next wash and wax in the next week(once some tile work is done at my house) and I want some input. Here's the materials I got to work with Dodo supernatural wash, dodo supernatural primo polish, dodo supernatural hybrid wax, and supernatural wax. I also got all the wolfgang stuff like polish, sealant and fuzion wax. My idea but I'm free to change goes like this wash with the dodo wash, wolfgang clay, dodo polish, Wolfgang glaze, Wolfgang sealant, then a coat of dodo sn hybrid wax, then a coat of Wolfgang fuzion wax, and then finish it all off with a coat of dodo sn wax. What you all think? Any advice or other ideas are welcome.
 
Just my .02 here...Is the car garaged? Also is it driven in the elements? I was told by a guy who has been in the paint/auto body/detailing biz for many years that sealant is not necessary on new paint and cars that are just "weekenders".First off...he said new clear coat needs some time to "breathe" and sealant will prevent that. A good carnuba is just fine for a car that is going to be garaged and not driven in bad weather.If you are DDing the car, then a sealant could be in order,but I would wait until its at least 6 months old. If you are just fair weather driving it and garaging it...I would wash it, then clay bar, then polish, then wax and apply a glaze at the end. I use Adams stuff and that's usually the steps I follow on my cars.
 
cbj5259 said:
Just my .02 here...Is the car garaged? Also is it driven in the elements? I was told by a guy who has been in the paint/auto body/detailing biz for many years that sealant is not necessary on new paint and cars that are just "weekenders".First off...he said new clear coat needs some time to "breathe" and sealant will prevent that. A good carnuba is just fine for a car that is going to be garaged and not driven in bad weather.If you are DDing the car, then a sealant could be in order,but I would wait until its at least 6 months old. If you are just fair weather driving it and garaging it...I would wash it, then clay bar, then polish, then wax and apply a glaze at the end. I use Adams stuff and that's usually the steps I follow on my cars.
if your applying a glaze over a wax aren't you just taking off the wax? Isn't a glaze meant to bring out the deepness in a paint so you'd want to go over it with a wax to magnify that effect.
 
I would try zaino but Its a sealant and I know that sealants get the best effect on lighter colored cars such as white. I'm looking for the deep natural wet look carnuba gives
 

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
killerwill13 said:
I would try zaino but Its a sealant and I know that sealants get the best effect on lighter colored cars such as white. I'm looking for the deep natural wet look carnuba gives
give adams americana wax a try.
http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-423-adams-americana-premium-carnauba-paste-car-wax.aspx
 

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
what I really like about zaino is you dont have to worry about white residue or avoiding your vinyl decals or plastic. I put it on my vinyl and it makes them look great.
 
killerwill13 said:
cbj5259 said:
Just my .02 here...Is the car garaged? Also is it driven in the elements? I was told by a guy who has been in the paint/auto body/detailing biz for many years that sealant is not necessary on new paint and cars that are just "weekenders".First off...he said new clear coat needs some time to "breathe" and sealant will prevent that. A good carnuba is just fine for a car that is going to be garaged and not driven in bad weather.If you are DDing the car, then a sealant could be in order,but I would wait until its at least 6 months old. If you are just fair weather driving it and garaging it...I would wash it, then clay bar, then polish, then wax and apply a glaze at the end. I use Adams stuff and that's usually the steps I follow on my cars.
if your applying a glaze over a wax aren't you just taking off the wax? Isn't a glaze meant to bring out the deepness in a paint so you'd want to go over it with a wax to magnify that effect.

Yeah...my bad...steps were out of order.
 
I just did the Klasse twins on my white '13 last weekend and it looks awesome. My car is a DD and sits in So. Fl sun all day so it needs protection. Was using carnauba before that and it literally lasts maybe a couple weeks down here before disappearing. No worries on the stripes. Went right over them and they look great.
 

TMO Supporting Vendors

Top