The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you!

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Weight reduction

ArizonaGT said:
That's damn good for a non-adjustable setup.
Thanks that's what I thought too. Definitely happy with the results. I should also mention this was with the factory passenger seat removed. My main goal was to see what happened to the cross weights with it out to make sure it still made sense to pull it. It only moved the cross weight split 0.19% the wrong direction by pulling it, so out it goes for track days ;) It weighs about 50 lbs.

cloud9 said:
Nope. I'd consider moving the battery to the rear but not going to spend a ton to do it so not in any hurry.

I'm shocked to hear that with everything that you have invested already.

boss man said:
I'm shocked to hear that with everything that you have invested already.
LOL you have to draw the line somewhere at some point. There's really no end to what you can do and it all comes down to cost/benefit. Before you know it the 2015 will be out and it all starts over again ;D

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
patrickshelby said:
Anyone taking the A/C off?
I know taking the condenser away improves the cooling A LOT.
What about the weight of the compressor...?

IMO, removal of the complete A/C system would save a significant amount of weight save for the evaporator, which I would leave in place and seal the hose connections. Plus removal of the A/C lines, Compressor, Rec/Dryer, etc., removes weight from the front of the vehicle which should help with improved weight distribution.

The A/C condenser removal will improve air flow for the cooling system, especially if you have stacked an external oil cooler core.

Good luck with your mods,
302 Hi Pro

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
The Evap delete is probably more like 8-10 lbs. I've done it on my car.

I did it the "dirty" way without reconnecting any of the lines etc so I do get some codes but they do not seem to have any effect on performance.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel