The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

Added air to all tires after sitting for the last five months, gotta hate New England weather. Lol. Oil and filter change and installed MGW shifter. Night and day improvement.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut

Swiss Boss said:
Was a little bit enthusiast on the throttle and went agricultural :(

IMG_0512_zps286d417c.jpg

You still have a splitter and a bumper - good job ! ;D

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado

Got my brakes installed yesterday morning.
DBA T3 4000 Rotors - Hawk Performance Ceramics - Goodridge SS brake lines. Oh yeah, some DOT 4 juice too.

IMG_1388_zpsdbdac6bf.png

IMG_1391_zpsf96b1b38.png

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

TymeSlayer said:
Got my brakes installed yesterday morning.
DBA T3 4000 Rotors - Hawk Performance Ceramics - Goodridge SS brake lines. Oh yeah, some DOT 4 juice too.

IMG_1388_zpsdbdac6bf.png

IMG_1391_zpsf96b1b38.png

Are those lugs aluminum? Be careful on track with them if they are, better yet don't use them on track. Aluminum expands faster than steel and will loosen on track due to brake heat. Also aluminum is weaker than steel and could fail. If they are steel disregard but they look anodized to me.
Steve

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado

Funny thing is, I thought the same thing but they are magnetic so I'm assuming they are steel. That and the fact their weight is not that expected of aluminum.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

Technically this was yesterday but I got my first NASA ST2 win, finished 1st in class, 2nd overall out of 26 cars in the race. Car that took the overall win was a Radical SR-something-or-other.

ArizonaBOSS said:
Technically this was yesterday but I got my first NASA ST2 win, finished 1st in class, 2nd overall out of 26 cars in the race. Car that took the overall win was a Radical SR-something-or-other.
Awesome, congratulations! That earned you another month as the header photo.

Installed my 302S bumper.

Also did my brake fluid, engine+trans+diff oils, and a new shift knob.

Today is going to be brake rotors and pads and possibly cut the new facia for the tow hook. My plan is to use the old facia as a setup piece and cut it in half down the middle top to bottom. Then I can mock it up from either side and notch it. At that point I can measure exactly where the slot is or should be to the new facia. Just waiting on a new lower Boss facia since I found that to be cracked when I took it off the car. Damn cat.

Oh yeah, thanks to Bossy13 and Smokie for the help. Mainly Bossy13 though.

20140405_112745_zps0afe3057.jpg

Old bumper with tow strap. There's 6 spot welds to drill out.

20140330_151511_zps74f55c33.jpg

New bumper. Totally forgot to weigh them, but the S bumper is lighter. Also see the new R-S3's. Couldn't say no to the $219/ea pricing. ::)

20140405_154440_zps0b9ae76f.jpg

Got the car 90% ready for the trip to Vegas, including setting the suspension as soft as possible and put the restricter plates back in. All that is left is a wash/wax and to pack.

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan

After the longest winter on record in the Midwest, spent the weekend at the track. Hit 42 on Saturday (after a snow flurry early am) and a balmy 50+ today :) Car ran great aside from Oil temp (see Tech forum).

Also saw the biggest trailer yet, towed by a HD Pickup:

IMG_0302Medium_zpscae54334.jpg

And the coolest Tow Vehicle:

IMG_0304Medium_zpsf6ef47bb.jpg

steveespo said:
Got the 1 of a kind Race Red 06 Mach1 Blowfish hook style lower grille mesh installed. Looks great and the fit is perfect. Mike did an excellent job with these.
Mustang4_6_14005_zpsa613d6b5.jpg
Mustang4_6_14006_zpsc16af311.jpg

Looks good Steve. Did you ever sell the regular version?

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal

Took her (and the old man) to Cars and Coffee at the Blackhawk Country Club in California with my son. AWESOME DAY with lots of cool cars!!! 75 Degrees on a Sunday in April!

c13.jpg

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

c3.jpg

c4.jpg

c5.jpg

c6.jpg

c7.jpg

c8.jpg

c9.jpg

c10.jpg

c11.jpg