The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

Smilieboy said:
Is that a magnet or stickers and where can i get one?
That's a magnet but you can get them in a reusable sticker. See the link below and ask for Dave Whitworth, tell him Rick from BMO sent you.

http://www.soloperformance.com/Solotime-Panel-or-Meatball-Type-Numbers_p_1405.html

Cleaned her up
Then took a drive found myself next to a actual zl1
Camaro

Seems to me there owners are intimidated by boss 302s around here

Lol

For the amount of extra power they have, thier 0-60 isnt much better and they can lose easily to a Boss with a skilled driver. I would be intimidated too if I was one of them.
They needed 6 liters and a Supercharger just to be ok.

NewBossowner said:
For the amount of extra power they have, thier 0-60 isnt much better and they can lose easily to a Boss with a skilled driver. I would be intimidated too if I was one of them.
They needed 6 liters and a Supercharger just to be ok.

True, but it does handle pretty well considering it weighs as much as a Los Angeles class submarine.

Sun came out, I took the Boss for a cruise. Ambushed some guy in an SRT8 Charger. He was not amused.

i learned that 55 degree airt and the pirrelli tires do not like each other. turned into a 4 gear skating ring...lol

Took it out to Coffee and Cars herein Houston, 70F today :D. Lots of bosses in attendance, I counted at least 12 plus many many more Mustangs, new and old. about 800 cars there today. The new Dodge Viper was rolled out center stage....

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything

gremlinsteve said:
i learned that 55 degree airt and the pirrelli tires do not like each other. turned into a 4 gear skating ring...lol
Finally escaped from the ward? Forgot to tie you down after your last potty break? ;D Glad you are back home, hope you are feeling better.

Sesshomurai

Keavdog said:
They are heavy pigs. Like my challenger. But wow, performed well on the track.

I like challengers, but having watched the grand am daytona race yesterday that lone Challenger was a dog and just kept drifting back in the crowd. not sure what it finished by it started 12th and fell back beyond 25th.

28th.
the trans broke.
new tream and there sorting things out. its a heavy car i think

also, i tried my best to get my shift bal off today. i have no idea what its now going to take. heated her up, strap wrench ext...just would not budge one bit.

guess ill have to cut it out just to get the new shifter in her and just buy the new parts to replace it.

any ideas on an easy or eaasier removal

Car manufacturers have this special loctite they put on things they dont want to ever come off, it's nasty. Warm it up just short of melting, then apply a lot of torque with a strap wrench. If that doesn't work............

if that doesnt work cut it off with a cut off wheel...
i just did that. its off now but its in two halves...lol

steve

What did you do to your boss today?

Hopey said:
Took it out to Coffee and Cars herein Houston, 70F today :D. Lots of bosses in attendance, I counted at least 12 plus many many more Mustangs, new and old. about 800 cars there today. The new Dodge Viper was rolled out center stage....

Which car was yours? Mine was the '12 race red and white accents.

installed the barton shifter today. went that route because i cant seem to understand how and why a differant company can always be low on inventory or build to suit. and when you contact them they say its shipping next week. and they repeat that for 8 weeks straight.

sooooo...i will never know how you guys with that certain shifter feel.

and since i have cut my stock shifter ball off....i am awaiting the new one from barton...

Black LS, was parked around the side opposite HEB along with a red 5.0GT and a blue 2010 Shelby GT500. Rest ofthe mustangs were out front, only the yellow LS had its splitter installed, the two other 2013 Black LS didn't same as mine.

02ec8f201fe3e8b5cbd36db2a9a00b5b.jpg

The I went home and put the carb and vacuum lines back on my 1970 Boss and set the points!

efd4c30785bf9c2b5f23f450569c866f.jpg

ea53f4f1166266db9f0762623dc5daf3.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel