I wonder how, I want to flush the brake/clutch fluid so planning to take to ford as they have the easy hook up to flush and replace in one set up? How do you do it ALL at your garage, I also have a quick jack I use all the time? Thanks
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a Motive Products pressure bleeder and two liters of brake fluid. It's a little slow because I don't pump up the pressure too high, maybe 13 psi. I've been thinking about adding a more positive retention clamping thing so I can boost the pressure a little bit higher.I wonder how, I want to flush the brake/clutch fluid so planning to take to ford as they have the easy hook up to flush and replace in one set up? How do you do it ALL at your garage, I also have a quick jack I use all the time? Thanks
I wonder how, I want to flush the brake/clutch fluid so planning to take to ford as they have the easy hook up to flush and replace in one set up? How do you do it ALL at your garage, I also have a quick jack I use all the time? Thanks
Those transmission plugs are metric. Just a heads up, M16 x 1.5I use a Motive Products pressure bleeder and two liters of brake fluid. It's a little slow because I don't pump up the pressure to high, maybe 13 psi. I've been thinking about adding a more positive retention clamping thing so I can boost the pressure a little bit higher.
I've been thinking about getting those check valve bleeder screws. I've also traded work with my grandson. He helps me bleed my brakes and I do a free oil change for him .
Also going to switch out the drain and fill plugs on the transmission next time its up in the air. Putting in hex head plugs to replace those crappy Allen head plugs.
I hope that Model T didn't show off too much in front of the rest of you boys.....................Well, last Saturday I was hanging out with a few friends...
Took it to a PCA event and blew up the transmission…
it’s the end of the track season here in Atlantic Canada so honestly. Kind of the perfect time. I’d rather it break at a PCA HPDE then at a time attack next year^^^^^ I approve this message ^^^^^
*Sorry to hear that. It happens!
The joys of the MT82. Good luck with the off season repairs.
A “new” used trans is being taken out of a car at a scrap hard as we speak. It will do just great until I can do a rebuild on this one. Maybe even with some extra goodies insideThe joys of the MT82. Good luck with the off season repairs.
Buy a Tremec.Oh boy that brings back dark thoughts.... went through 5 of those... or was it 6? Rather not remember.... Add a cooling pump circuit! and carbon synchro's... and buy a spare.
As much as I’d love to there isn’t a company that makes a tremec bell housingBuy a Tremec.
Which engine are you running?As much as I’d love to there isn’t a company that makes a tremec bell housing
3.7 V6Which engine are you running?
@Fabman kills tremecs and I kill GetragsBuy a Tremec.
. At least my calimer stage 3 with the 26 spline seems to be surviving well so far.I use a Motive Products pressure bleeder and two liters of brake fluid. It's a little slow because I don't pump up the pressure too high, maybe 13 psi. I've been thinking about adding a more positive retention clamping thing so I can boost the pressure a little bit higher.
I've been thinking about getting those check valve bleeder screws. I've also traded work with my grandson. He helps me bleed my brakes and I do a free oil change for him .
Also going to switch out the drain and fill plugs on the transmission next time its up in the air. Putting in hex head plugs to replace those crappy Allen head plugs.