The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Will keep everyone posted on what we see with these new sleeper tires at the Pro Solo and Solo Nationals this coming weekend/week in Lincoln, Nebraska. Was at a private practice session on Friday and talked to some more folks running the Yokes. Had also chatted with a couple of past National Champions who were running then earlier in August at the Midwest Divisional Solo Championships , and they do get sticky fast. A lot of comparison to the RE71s, and a couple said that similar to the Bridgestones, they are solid for 1-2 laps on a road course and then they start getting greasy.........this was with drivers that are super aggressive and going for Time Trial laps. One guy said he found over half a session of an HPDE the tires were solid, but after that they were slippery. He noted a similar situation with the BStones. Sounds logical, but will see if I can talk to others while at the event , and see if there are more guys who have run them on track. Tire Temps were quite critical when I ran Yokes many years ago, so will ask those questions too.

Look forward to hearing your assessment , Neema!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Another happy customer of Optimum Performance. Nice to help a Florida Company with all the Dorian destruction occurring and am sure he is happy the damage has been fairly light compared to the initial concerns?

Did they come out to your home and replace them?

I'm trying to get the airbags replaced in the Boss by a mobile repair, but that doesn't seem to be happening.I get recall notices every month....I'm not going to a dealer for this which should take less than a half hr to fix I but may spend hours waiting for!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
I still get notices and my local dealer still doesn't have replacement airbags and it hasn't even had an interior for years. Way to go Ford.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Finished the install of the JRI double adjustable struts/shocks, Ford front bushings, cortex bumpsteer and swaybar links. Alignment is done. Corner balance next week.
Heading to GT 350 track attack tomorrow. Mustang roundup on Thursday.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Installed my SM10 Apex wheels and RE71r. Rotors and pads look great. Was going to replace the brake ducts but the holes were minor and repairable with some sealant and duct tape. The driver's side had become unconnected from the front lower fascia and was reattached.

TMO Supporting Vendors