The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Re: What did you do to your boss today?

Looks great...I'd just leave it body color and ditch the remainder of the hood striping, but that's just me :)

mcmmotorsports

Resident Mental Patient

What did I do to my Boss today? I let her loose on the twists and turns of New Jersey Motorsports Park.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/EeyeR2pBRZQ[/youtube]

Beemer said:
I installed permanent Battery Tender connectors. Yes, my Boss is a hangar queen.
I think that's a step up from a garage queen. ;D

Maui

Took out my p-springs and put in the t-springs... love the look. Ride of springs is similar to stock.... Now just waiting on my BBR LCAs, BMR panhard, and BMR relocation brackets....and alignment of course...

Maui

NFSBOSS said:
So the P springs are firmer than the T?

It feels that way... Are the Spring rates for the T springs available yet? Sorry haven't been keeping up... Do you know the spring rates for the p springs?

Fomoco302 said:
Welcome Hans,

Have you maxed it out on the autobahn ?

not yet, didn´t have the opportunity yet. German autobahn is mostly full of trucks an slow vehicles :mad:, and then it´s too dangerous for me. Hope I will have the chance soon on Salzburgring race track.

Installed CHE LCA, drivers side didn't line up but I found a simple remedy for that, a "C" clamp and a piece of wood.
IMG_0550_zpsc85a37b7.jpg
It seems to ride higher in the ass end now. I say this because the head lights seemed a little low during the test drive. It did help with the side to side drift when I spin my wheels, straight and true now.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois

racered302 said:
Installed CHE LCA, drivers side didn't line up but I found a simple remedy for that, a "C" clamp and a piece of wood.
IMG_0550_zpsc85a37b7.jpg
It seems to ride higher in the ass end now. I say this because the head lights seemed a little low during the test drive. It did help with the side to side drift when I spin my wheels, straight and true now.

Had the same situation when I installed my FRPP LCAs. I used a long alignment pin to pull the axel into alignment.

put the boss on dyno, all stock 410 rwhp

410dynoboss_zpsd08587c5.jpg

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5oiyIbGicw[/youtube]

TMO Supporting Vendors