The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Wheel for Sale at American Muscle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Called them up, no info on the load rating but I doubt it would be an issue. Are the ratings stamped on the wheel somewhere Deputy? I just want to be sure they have a higher one than the Nurburgrings I already have since those are really inadequate from what I have read.

There are some markings on the wheel most seem to do with size, weight, and what not...I'm not exactly sure what you are looking for.

Looks like they will work. Plan on having tires mounted on the 5th. I only checked the front fitment at this point as that was my concern. I don't think there are any issues in back but I will check that before I have the tires mounted. If you are looking for 18x10 inch wheels all around I don't think you can beat this price.

I was looking at the SVE Drift wheels but could not pass on this deal. I'm only looking to use these for track days and then run the stock wheels the rest of the time. If I get these mounted and on the car I will post pics.

Deputydog336 said:
There are some markings on the wheel most seem to do with size, weight, and what not...I'm not exactly sure what you are looking for.

Looks like they will work. Plan on having tires mounted on the 5th. I only checked the front fitment at this point as that was my concern. I don't think there are any issues in back but I will check that before I have the tires mounted. If you are looking for 18x10 inch wheels all around I don't think you can beat this price.

I was looking at the SVE Drift wheels but could not pass on this deal. I'm only looking to use these for track days and then run the stock wheels the rest of the time. If I get these mounted and on the car I will post pics.

I have read that some manufacturers stamp/mold that info into the wheel somewhere.

After searching the internet I can't seem to find anything on a rule of thumb for a minimum safe wheel load rating for track use. I am sure some of you more experienced members can chime in. I seem to remember once reading 1/2 the gross weight, which seems like a reasonable minimum to me.

Here is a picture of the Anthricite color and the weight stamping on the inside of the spoke. 690kg is 1520 lbs, which in my opinion is plenty for track use. You don't want shoddy wheels for the track but they are actually put through less abuse than street wheels. If you live in or have driven through PA recently you will know what I mean! Lol. Also, I'd think that most of the AM wheel and other like the SVE drifts are of similar strength. With the number of people using them for track days I'm sure we would hear more about issues if there were any.

image.jpg1_2.png

image.jpg2_1.png

I hope it is not too late, they are out of stock. I still put the order through, but I bet they were on clearance because they wanted the inventory gone and don't want to order more.

Edit: ordered the wrong ones... they still have 18x10 for anyone else looking. I have to make sure they cancel the right order now... ::)

Deputydog336 said:
Ok guys looking for advice as I am a total novice/inexperienced. Mounted just the wheel on the front driver's side these pics are with the wheel turned all the way left and right. Appears to be one finger width space between wheel and strut with these new wheels and two finger widths on the passenger side which has my stock wheel.

Is this to close?

image.jpg1_zps6xffy1sz.jpg

image.jpg4_zpswzragcwi.jpg

I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure guys here have run closer than one finger width.

KBBOSS1086 said:
Here is a picture of the Anthricite color and the weight stamping on the inside of the spoke. 690kg is 1520 lbs, which in my opinion is plenty for track use. You don't want shoddy wheels for the track but they are actually put through less abuse than street wheels. If you live in or have driven through PA recently you will know what I mean! Lol. Also, I'd think that most of the AM wheel and other like the SVE drifts are of similar strength. With the number of people using them for track days I'm sure we would hear more about issues if there were any.

image.jpg1_2.png

image.jpg2_1.png

Thx I saw that mark but didn't know if that was it.

So mine arrived today and looked great except for the backside. Looked like they dragged them across the table before the paint was dry :eek: But it is only cosmetic. Just wondering if anyone else noticed that. For my intended use I think they are fine.

If you're not satisfied, shoot AM an email with a few pics. I had a nick in one of my F14's upon delivery. They shipped a new wheel the next day along with a return shipping label!

If you're not in a hurry, go ahead and hit them up, they got great customer service.

WinterSucks said:
So mine arrived today and looked great except for the backside. Looked like they dragged them across the table before the paint was dry :eek: But it is only cosmetic. Just wondering if anyone else noticed that. For my intended use I think they are fine.

Two of mine were scratched on the backside too, but since they're for track use and not visible I'm not concerned.

drano38

Wayne
The rim/tire/strut should have adequate clearance.
When you get the tires mounted, see how much room you have from the swaybar bolt to the tire.
If its close, remove the bolt, cut the hex portion of the bolt off for more clearance. There are wrench flats on the back side of it to hold it when tightening back up.

Nice looking wheels, at a bargain price. I'll be picking up a set of 18x10 SVTs when my current tires on my 18x9.5 were out.

drano38 said:
The rim/tire/strut should have adequate clearance.
When you get the tires mounted, see how much room you have from the swaybar bolt to the tire.
If its close, remove the bolt, cut the hex portion of the bolt off for more clearance. There are wrench flats on the back side of it to hold it when tightening back up.

Nice looking wheels, at a bargain price. I'll be picking up a set of 18x10 SVTs when my current tires on my 18x9.5 were out.

Thanks that was the consensus I was getting. I'm looking to hopefully get them mounted this week. My wheels have some scratches on the back as well, but it's for the track only, and not visible so I wasn't to worried about it for the price!

I bought the 18x10 Cobra reps for my 2005 GT with the guess they'd fit over the brembos I had planned to install. A dry fit of it all had the wheel about .5mil (or less) to the brake. Too close for me. 1/8" spacers are cheap and allow for hub-centric mounting of the wheels. I had a 275/40 mounted for fitment and it cleared everything else without the spacer. I'm interested to hear what tires and sizes you go with.

Also dealing with AM is a snap. Replaced a wheel UPS dropped and damaged as soon as I reported it. Also I bought the M2300 Brembos at a bargain.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
JayP said:
I bought the 18x10 Cobra reps for my 2005 GT with the guess they'd fit over the brembos I had planned to install. A dry fit of it all had the wheel about .5mil (or less) to the brake. Too close for me. 1/8" spacers are cheap and allow for hub-centric mounting of the wheels. I had a 275/40 mounted for fitment and it cleared everything else without the spacer. I'm interested to hear what tires and sizes you go with.

Also dealing with AM is a snap. Replaced a wheel UPS dropped and damaged as soon as I reported it. Also I bought the M2300 Brembos at a bargain.

This is what we found with DD336's wheels also. A small spacer will fix the clearance Concerns.

I don't mean to drag up an old thread, but if anyone was interested these are on sale again, this time for $50 each! I am buying a spare! There are a few others on sale also, see the link below.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/search?keywords=18x10&page=1&sort=Price%3AASC&Generation=2010-2014&VehicleType=Mustang

TMO Supporting Vendors