The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Which coilover?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Running a 2007 GT with Bilstein shocks and Pedders springs. This is a daily driver and some light track use. I am wanting to upgrade to coilover system. I am looking at Maximum Motorsports JRI coilover kit with stock lowering perches or the Kenny Brown KB-SPEC JRZ RS1 with true rear coilover kit. Looking for which one might be the best, as far as performance and reliability? Also, would there be any noticeable difference in stock location vs true coilover lowering, with the handling, and durability of spring stresses on true coilover?

Not interested in any other coilover systems. Any experience with these setups would be greatly appreciated.

you realize that you will be rebuilding them every 20K miles, correct?

If the OP does track days, I doubt he will even get 20K. You generally need to send the JRi’s in about every ten HPDE weekends for rebuild. I’ve got 10 or 12 since my last rebuild, and one of my rears is completely dead. It‘s actually leaking shock oil just sitting on my bench. It’s not the first time I’ve found a dead shock with that many weekends before a rebuild.

I am pretty much in agreement for a street car - stick with a high quality shock designed for the street with seals designed for longevity vs low stiction like Bilstien or Koni.

TMO Supporting Vendors