The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Who did your e85 tune?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
SoCal
Looking to hear a few anecdotes on who tuned your gen3 track mustang for e85. I've always went with lund for my tunes, but I've read a few experiences where it upset the trackability of the car since the throttle felt "on off"

I'd like to get a tune that's track friendly, but also squeezes the juice out of the car at WOT. Who were you successful with?

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
Looking to hear a few anecdotes on who tuned your gen3 track mustang for e85. I've always went with lund for my tunes, but I've read a few experiences where it upset the trackability of the car since the throttle felt "on off"

I'd like to get a tune that's track friendly, but also squeezes the juice out of the car at WOT. Who were you successful with?
Unfortunately your options will be greatly narrowed because you’re in SoCal. With the latest round of EPA crackdowns, most tuners have stopped working with cars in CA. I highly recommend Shaun at AED in Sacramento, although he may be hesitant to tune it since you’re still registered and using it on the street. For sure you would need to take the car up and have him tune it on the dyno, as I think he’s stopped doing email tunes for CA cars. Give Shaun a call and he’ll let you know the latest.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
SoCal
Unfortunately your options will be greatly narrowed because you’re in SoCal. With the latest round of EPA crackdowns, most tuners have stopped working with cars in CA. I highly recommend Shaun at AED in Sacramento, although he may be hesitant to tune it since you’re still registered and using it on the street. For sure you would need to take the car up and have him tune it on the dyno, as I think he’s stopped doing email tunes for CA cars. Give Shaun a call and he’ll let you know the latest.
I haven’t personally seen a great track record with AED cars as far as good experiences working or interacting with him goes.

From what I know all the major tuners still work with Cali cars… maybe with the exception of PBD but I wasn’t planning on going with them either. I may end up having to work with Lund and see how far I get with the throttle equation and adjustments. Post EPA major tuners just don’t touch rear O2s which I’m not worried about.

I’m open to options but AED isn’t one of them due to multiple close anecdotes over the years. I’m sure the man is talented because he’s been in the game near forever.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
I haven’t personally seen a great track record with AED cars as far as good experiences working or interacting with him goes.

From what I know all the major tuners still work with Cali cars… maybe with the exception of PBD but I wasn’t planning on going with them either. I may end up having to work with Lund and see how far I get with the throttle equation and adjustments. Post EPA major tuners just don’t touch rear O2s which I’m not worried about.

I’m open to options but AED isn’t one of them due to multiple close anecdotes over the years. I’m sure the man is talented because he’s been in the game near forever.
That’s why I recommend in-person tuning on his dyno - great guy in person, but a lot of people get rubbed wrong with written interactions. Is he very particular and opinionated? - yep. Is he really good at what he does? - absolutely.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
That’s why I recommend in-person tuning on his dyno - great guy in person, but a lot of people get rubbed wrong with written interactions. Is he very particular and opinionated? - yep. Is he really good at what he does? - absolutely.
100% in agreement.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
So cal

sent you a message on instagram.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Doesn’t get any better than Shaun @AED.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Just remembering a while back... the difference in-between a Lund tune and a AED track tune was dramatic! With AED, the engine response and TC full off were good for at least a second at the track.

TMO Supporting Vendors