The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 WTB: 13/14 GT500 2-piece Rotors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Placed an order for a set that's on 3-month back order. So wanted to see if anyone had a pair they did not need.
15" GT500 2-piece rotors

I'll close thread in a couple weeks if no bites and probably just pick up some heavy blanks

Thanks ahead of time

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
Out of curiosity, what brand are on backorder? I recently emailed Morris Engineering to see if they have plans to offer the 15" application. They make a 14" for the S197 track pack Brembos, which I first heard of in an older post here on TMO. From a supplier standpoint, I'm guessing it's hard to justify this application if they're only looking at it being a 13-14 GT500 replacement. I mentioned in the email to Morris that it needs to be marketed to S197 owners that upgraded to the S550 performance pack 6 pots. If their price point was close to the 14" ($499 set/$179ea for repl. rings), I think they would sell a pile of them. I haven't received a response yet, but perhaps if a few more interested TMO members reached out? These could be a great addition to @OPMustang Tim lineup as well -- at $500-600 price point and 100% US made, I would gladly order these with the next set of G-Loc's.

https://www.morrisengineering.com/mustang/

Agreed on all points.
These were DBA 2-piece rotors. Supplier had the same response, the two model years make it difficult to keep any inventory for it. They have drilled/slotted rotors for non track use in stock (probably GT500 owners on the street, lower demand) and no stock of the slotted only for track use (people like us using S550 6-pots causing demand) which causes the 3+ months lead time.

A $600-700 15" set with $450 replacement rings would be amazing, I'll drop them an email as well from work ( I work in the automotive aftermarket) - but if they're not offering S550 15" already which is a much bigger market I'm not sure it's in the cards and doesn't quite help my current predicament any :/

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel