The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Wtb: conti scrubs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
http://www.ebay.com/itm/275-35-18-Hoosier-Continental-Grand-Am-Race-Slick-Tires-Racing-Non-DOT-/261097518067?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cca9ff3f3

JScheier said:
^^^What he said. GTO are endurance, GTR are softer. I REALLY like the GTR's :)

Dave is another contact there: [email protected]
Thanks for the heads up on the GTRs vs GTOs. I didn't know there was a softer version. Are they marked somehow? I'm not sure which one I've been getting or maybe I've had both. I've noticed some seem "hard" and hold up longer and others seem faster but don't last as long.

After reading this thread, I checked my two sets of Conti's I have sitting in the garage and both sets are GTRs. Seems odd that Greg would not mention the GTO option, and so I am guessing they do not have those. I am curious to hear if they do stock any of those, all though I doubt I would switch from the softer GTRs.

LS110 said:
After reading this thread, I checked my two sets of Conti's I have sitting in the garage and both sets are GTRs. Seems odd that Greg would not mention the GTO option, and so I am guessing they do not have those. I am curious to hear if they do stock any of those, all though I doubt I would switch from the softer GTRs.
Mine are on my trailer up at the warehouse in storage. Can you tell me where you see that marking John? I assume it's somewhere on the sidewall. I'll check mine at some point when I'm up there.

The marking is on the sidewall and is fairly obvious and easy to read. After thinking about this I checked some notes I made last spring and I wrote down GTR at that time as well. I would bet all the tires Greg has provided have been GTRs.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel