The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

WTB: S197 Rear Interior Quarter Panels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
Anyone removed their black interior quarter trim panels and want to get them out of your garage? Looking for left, right and package tray.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Anyone removed their black interior quarter trim panels and want to get them out of your garage? Looking for left, right and package tray.
Like many of us, I had a complete black leather interior sitting in my shop FOREVER and nobody wanted it.
Finally tossed it probably about a month ago.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
Like many of us, I had a complete black leather interior sitting in my shop FOREVER and nobody wanted it.
Finally tossed it probably about a month ago.
Yeah, the guy I bought the car from threw them out shortly before I bought it. I wasn’t too concerned, but need to finish off the back to try and make street class in new series.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
What's your plan for the seats, fabric "delete" with rollbar cutouts?
I was just planning on using a Watson Racing rear seat delete kit. I’ll need to get clarity on the rules, because it’s a bit unclear. 5 or 6 point harnesses require a roll bar. Nothing that says you can’t have 5 or 6 point harnesses in Street class (nor should they limit safety improvements). There really isn’t a way to put the seats back in with the roll bar installed. Are you reading the Street rules as rear seat required?

I was just planning on using a Watson Racing rear seat delete kit. I’ll need to get clarity on the rules, because it’s a bit unclear. 5 or 6 point harnesses require a roll bar. Nothing that says you can’t have 5 or 6 point harnesses in Street class (nor should they limit safety improvements). There really isn’t a way to put the seats back in with the roll bar installed. Are you reading the Street rules as rear seat required?
I was a bit unsure there as well. I currently have a Scott Rod Fab upper panel that I cut to fit around the roll bar, but the seat bottom area is bare. I'd like to think you can remove the seats as long as it looks "finished" still, that would make the most sense. A C5 can be in Street class so they can't say it has to have 4 seats.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
I was a bit unsure there as well. I currently have a Scott Rod Fab upper panel that I cut to fit around the roll bar, but the seat bottom area is bare. I'd like to think you can remove the seats as long as it looks "finished" still, that would make the most sense. A C5 can be in Street class so they can't say it has to have 4 seats.
Exactly what I was thinking - that it has to have a clean, finished look.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
Try Phoenix Performance in PA
Great suggestion, I’ll hit them up. I noticed that Kohr has several pieces on eBay, so I emailed them to see if they could put a set together

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
What is the package tray? I might have those. PM me.
Brian
Package tray is the trim piece that covers the speakers in the back window. Sending PM here in a few.

Yes I have that out of my Boss 302. I also have a bunch of other interior pieces you might want. PM me your phone number and ill send pics.
Brian

TMO Supporting Vendors