The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 Zajac Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Great looking Green Monster and if you are running TT2 I imagine your 5 liter is pumping out some stout HP?! That has to be a hoot to run around Miller ( Utah Motorsports Campus just sounds wrong, ha ).
Did the " Incredible Hulk " take over from the John Player Special or do you have both machines?

Utah
Great looking Green Monster and if you are running TT2 I imagine your 5 liter is pumping out some stout HP?! That has to be a hoot to run around Miller ( Utah Motorsports Campus just sounds wrong, ha ).
Did the " Incredible Hulk " take over from the John Player Special or do you have both machines?
Bill, I sold the black Saleen JPS and had previously sold my 2007 Saleen Parnelli Jones Edition as both were supercharged and decided I wanted two things. 1. A normally aspirated motor and; 2. a 6 spd trans. So rather than put more money in the JPS, I decided to sell it and get a 2013 NA GT with a 6 spd Getrag MT-82 with a Calimer Stage 1 trans. Luckily, I came out ahead financially to have more cash available for several sets of Hoosier R7 315/30/18 tores and a 6 spd trans that was essentially zero cost to me. My 2013 makes only 444 hp with a 3401 lb NASA class TT2 weight and I have an AED track only tune and an e85 tune. But to save effort in the future .... I will NOT return this Mustang to "stock" before selling it!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Sounds quite similar to my Boss 302S's power when I had it and I can understand leaving it just for the track. Thanks for letting us all know and she looks great. So the green color also represents you saved money and we all know Purple Crack allows you to talk smack when on the track!!

Utah
Beautiful stang! Just got my Nine Lives Wang myself. Do you have any additional bracing or bracketry to stop the trunk lid from deforming?
The wing requires additional support so the the deck lid is not deformed and the load transfers to the body. The spacers transfer the load between the outer deck and the lid inner deck/skin and the large black panel spreads the load on the inner skin.

2013 wing supports 1.jpg

2013 wing supports 2.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors