The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2012 Boss-mesh grille for front lower opening

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finally made it back into town, so able to see the grille for the first time. Very impressive detail work on blending the welds, and the overall finish.

USNjocson said:
Very nice piece! Only if it worked for the 2013 Boss I'd pick one up along with your fog light grille mesh

Did I miss a post about the fog light mesh grille???
Didn't know this was available.....

Oh, whoops. Was thinking they were for the lower fog lights(brake ducts).
I have the 302s grille and your lower grille on the way. Was thinking it would be sweet to have the mesh on the brake duct housing as well. Any chance of getting some matching mesh for those? Thanks.

Cobra700 said:
I have the 302s grille and your lower grille on the way. Was thinking it would be sweet to have the mesh on the brake duct housing as well. Any chance of getting some matching mesh for those? Thanks.

I've been thinking this since day 1. Always wondered why there was nothing to protect the brake duct inlet.

My lower grille arrived 3 days ago while I was out of town.
Just opened it today....WOW! Absolutely beautiful quality and craftsmanship !
I had missed out on the initial batch, glad I didn't make that mistake again.
Can't wait to install it.
Nice job on the packaging as well.

Thanks

Norm C

Cobra700 said:

I have tried to make the brake duct mesh insert, but I have not found anything that really works without a lot of work.

Fastfordnut said:
My lower grille arrived 3 days ago while I was out of town.
Just opened it today....WOW! Absolutely beautiful quality and craftsmanship !
I had missed out on the initial batch, glad I didn't make that mistake again.
Can't wait to install it.
Nice job on the packaging as well.

Thanks

Norm C

Thanks Norm, glad you like it! I have now sold out of the regular versions. Still have some towhook versions. Not sure if I will make another batch. But then again, I have said that before!

People dont miss out on these. Just think of the cost of a new condenser compared to a lower grill and the time the car will be laid up. Besides that the grills look Badass with a tow hook. My tow hook arrived yesterday and grill should be here early next week. Remember you can not get these from a vendor. When 06Mach1 is done making them THAT'S IT.

06mach1 said:
Thanks Norm, glad you like it! I have now sold out of the regular versions. Still have some towhook versions. Not sure if I will make another batch. But then again, I have said that before!

In hindsight...(and my sons .02) the Towhook version would be nice to have.
I have not installed it yet.
If anyone prefers the "regular" version, I'd be willing to swap grilles.
Buyer purchases the towhook grille, I'll ship this one to buyers address and have Mike send the towhook version to my address.

Norm

For anyone who does not have one of these lower grills, definitely worth it. The quality is A+. Last weekend I had the bumper cover off to mock up my oil cooler and noticed 3 significant dents in the grill mesh. Whatever tried to get through did NOT and probably saved me a hole in the a/c condenser. Thanks!!!

Received mine and installed today. Literally took me 10 minutes. Super easy install and looks awesome. Superb quality piece. Excellent craftsmanship. Thanks!!!

I appogize for the low quality cell phone picture. Does this no justice.
FBD2EC77-0933-4C0F-B55B-CB543FF639B8.jpg

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Regarding the brake cooling duct inlet, here's a cheesy thing I made from stuff I found at home depot. I decided against using it instead going with the second picture while not tracking the car. The screened cap was a bit more difficult to put in and remove whereas the second one with the eyes screw made this removal rather easy. Both of these press fit in and after putting nearly 800 spirited miles on the car, I've yet to lose one. Both of these cost less than $7-$8 to make. Cheap but heck, they work.

2012Boss302333_zpse2f7a0f8.png

2012Boss302325_zps5604f371.png

If we have to enlarge the holes because we were off a little will it still be stable? I pulled on it and can't get it to budge. Just trying to calm my anxiety.

Smilieboy said:
If we have to enlarge the holes because we were off a little will it still be stable? I pulled on it and can't get it to budge. Just trying to calm my anxiety.

Should be fine. This rivets expand quite a bit. I think a few guys used double sided tape instead of the rivets.

Bringing up this old thread... I am getting ready to weld up one more grille using my patterns. Once I use the patterns I will no longer weld up any more of these grille so if anyone here wants one, let me know. Otherwise, I will eventually have one mesh grille for sale.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel