The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2012 Boss-mesh grille for front lower opening

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve, my powder coater has done calipers for me in the past with a red that was a really close match to 2006 Torch Red. Not sure how close that is to Race Red though?

06mach1 said:
I am currently in the process of making another batch of grilles. I have the frames cut and bent, just need to get them welded next. Hopefully they will be at the powder coater by the end of the month. RFH and 682 LS, I will put you down on the list and let you know when they grilles go to the coater.

I hope you meant 681 LS, if not please add me to your list.
Thanks

Just an update... I have 12 frames bent, welded and ground, ready for the mesh to be welded on. I am hoping to have them finished and to the powder coater by the end of the month. I might have a couple extra available.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
Would you be willing to do some with 2 posts about 2" off the center for the Blowfish Racing Tow Hooks? I would be in for one if you could do that. you don't even need to cut out the hole, I just need the frame to not have a center post.

pufferfish said:
Would you be willing to do some with 2 posts about 2" off the center for the Blowfish Racing Tow Hooks? I would be in for one if you could do that. you don't even need to cut out the hole, I just need the frame to not have a center post.

Can you email me a drawing? Like a front view? I did make one grille with a cutout on top for Craigs license plate bracket, but I found out it was not needed for that as the plastic fascia just pushes up to clear the bracket. My email is [email protected]

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I have one of the Blowfish prototype hooks, and I could also use a custom grille with an opening in the top center at least 5.5" wide by 1" high.

It's the only reason I didn't get one from you before...

New member here. I'm in for one for my 2012 LS. I'm thinking about mounting my oil cooler down where that lower opening is and I was worried about debris, this will definitely help.

Rusty67 said:
New member here. I'm in for one for my 2012 LS. I'm thinking about mounting my oil cooler down where that lower opening is and I was worried about debris, this will definitely help.
Hi Rusty, welcome to BMO. There's a couple of other thread on oil coolers with different mounting locations and you may want to check them out.

I have a couple of grilles that are available for sale. I had a few people never get back to me on whether they wanted them or not so I will offer them up for sale. Not sure if I will make another batch, but if I do I am thinking I might make it compatible with Blowfish Racings tow hook setup. I guess it depends on how many people are interested.

Just an update for those that expressed interest in grilles. The latest batch heads to the powder coater on Tuesday. Once the grilles are back from the coater (hopefully in a week or two) I will notify those who want them that are on my list.

Grilles come back from the coater tomorrow. It looks like I am going to have 1 grille available from this latest batch. This is a regular grille, not one with a towhook cutout. Send me a PM if interested. Thanks, Mike

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel