The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2012 Boss-mesh grille for front lower opening

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

:'(
Looks like I'm gonna need another one! I just hit some crap on these garbage filled highway! So pissed!!!! I'm willing to bet the grill is still in perfect shape but nowhere to be found! Ahhhhh!!!!!!!!
A16CEBFF-BCB4-4845-8ABC-100A638688D0.png

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Cobra700 said:
Looks like I'm gonna need another one! I just hit some crap on these garbage filled highway! So pissed!!!! I'm willing to bet the grill is still in perfect shape but nowhere to be found! Ahhhhh!!!!!!!!
A16CEBFF-BCB4-4845-8ABC-100A638688D0.png

Damn, that blows. Have any idea what tore it up like that? A Prius? Sorry brother...

Cobra700 said:

I know of a couple other grilles that were involved in accidents and that came out unscathed. To bad you could not find it. Got to be there somewhere unless it's hooked to the bottom of another vehicle!

Just an update. I have the frames welded up (I was able to make 5 frames). I need to get the mesh welded on and then all welds ground and cleaned up. Then to the powder coater. In reality, probably still a month out yet. And not all are spoken for either.

06mach1 said:
Just an update. I have the frames welded up (I was able to make 5 frames). I need to get the mesh welded on and then all welds ground and cleaned up. Then to the powder coater. In reality, probably still a month out yet. And not all are spoken for either.

I'll take another one with the opening for the tow hook! I looked and looked. Other one is gone....ugh.

Update for those who are waiting, 4 grilles will be headed to the powder coater tomorrow. I still have one frame left if anyone is interested. I can make it with or without a BFR towhook opening.

06mach1 said:
Update for those who are waiting, 4 grilles will be headed to the powder coater tomorrow. I still have one frame left if anyone is interested. I can make it with or without a BFR towhook opening.

I will take that one, without opening. Will PM you.

Thanks,
Mike

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
I was fortunate enough to purchase on of these lower grills, pre-owned, (nice way of saying Used), from a Fellow BMO member. I can tell you this, I was quit happy with the workmanship used to weld up this piece and it test fit perfectly in my 2012 lower grill.

Each and every one of the wire mesh wires are welded to the frame and are finish grinded smooth. That is a lot of tig welding.

I do have to refinish my grill, (to be expected), but one thing for sure as I look it over, it did it's job and save someone's AC condenser!

You will not be disappointed with the materials used or the quality of assembly workmanship, it's excellent in my opinion.

20150501_124848_zps8dwqs45n.jpg

Have fun,
Dave
302 Hi Pro

TMO Supporting Vendors