The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Recaro/Boss Quick Release Fire Extinguisher Mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The mail lady came bearing gifts today! Super excited to open the box then sadness hit me that I couldn't install it. Because I just dropped my car off at the body shop to have my Tiger Racing hood installed compliments of "Chicanne 23"

Any way the mount kit is another quality piece! Keep making stuff and you will probally get more of my money. Thanks Mark

Polaristxguy said:
The mail lady came bearing gifts today! Super excited to open the box then sadness hit me that I couldn't install it. Because I just dropped my car off at the body shop to have my Tiger Racing hood installed compliments of "Chicanne 23"

Any way the mount kit is another quality piece! Keep making stuff and you will probally get more of my money. Thanks Mark

Thanks Mike, your kind words make it all worthwhile. Course a few extra skins to dump into the Hot Rod don't hurt either. ;)

Damn, for a minute you had me worried reading your first line. Again, any issues when it comes to the mount, do not hesitate to call or email. I want everyone happy with their purchase.

athens7 said:
Mark-
Sent you a PM yesterday.
Brad

Brad,

I have responded to all PM's. I double checked your last one and it shows I replied. If for some reason you still have not received it, I have one with your name on it. Payment can be made to my Pay-Pal account at: [email protected]

I will email you the moment Pay-Pal sends me a receipt showing payment has been made, and ship the mount the very next day. I ship USPS Priorty mail...usually takes 3-4 days for arrival.

Sorry about all the trouble Brad. Thanks again for the interest.

First of all, I would like to thank all of you for the terrific interest in these quick release mounts.

I have one left. First person to make payment...consider it yours. Sorry, no checks. Pay-pal only.

Got mine today, one day before my birthday!

I'm very pleased. As others have said, this is beautiful, first rate work and of course, is now unobtanium. ;)

Is the Halon extinguisher really the way to go? I certainly understand it's intended use, but I keep thinking that statistically, I am much more likely to need to put-out a grass fire starting under the hot cats of disabled car. Do I really want to deplete my $250 extinguisher for that? In specific terms, what is the downside of an ordinary ABC extinguisher or (non-Halon) BC extinguisher. Clean-up? Actual damage to the car?

Thanks again, Mark!

Jimmy Pribble said:
Got mine today, one day before my birthday!

I'm very pleased. As others have said, this is beautiful, first rate work and of course, is now unobtanium. ;)

Is the Halon extinguisher really the way to go? I certainly understand it's intended use, but I keep thinking that statistically, I am much more likely to need to put-out a grass fire starting under the hot cats of disabled car. Do I really want to deplete my $250 extinguisher for that? In specific terms, what is the downside of an ordinary ABC extinguisher or (non-Halon) BC extinguisher. Clean-up? Actual damage to the car?

Thanks again, Mark!

JP,

Good point, I would go with an extinguisher rated at B-C. I paid $35.00 for mine from AMEREX. The only difference with an extinguisher with the A rating also is these extinguishers are rated for paper/wood fires. No doubt the Halon agent type extinguishers can get pricey.

SOLD OUT.

Thank you to all for the purchases! I hope all are happy when they arrive, and please, if there are any concerns or questions, please call or email.

YellowJacketBoss302 said:
Hi mark. PayPal payment made July 11. Has the unit shipped?
Jim,
I believe I PM'd you and also emailed to let you know payment was received. I shipped your mount out on Friday, 7-12-13. I hope you get her no later than tomorrow. Please let me know when she arrives and we are OK.

Thanks again, Mark.

steveespo said:
Got mine in the mail today. The machine work and finish is better than I expected and the fit of the receiver and pull pin is outstanding, no rattles here. On par with the quality of the MGW shifter machining.
Thanks
Steve
Steve,

Thank you for the kind words and purchase, it is appreciated!

Look forward to seeing your Hot Rod finished shortly, love that car.

Got mine today too! Great Quality... but the extinguisher I purchased for it doesn't fit... Its just a little over 3" in diameter, so I have to find another extinguisher... Thankfully I have the mount now, so its just a matter of finding one that fits...

Apparently not all 2.5lb extinguishers are 3" (exactly). LOL

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel