Specs & Mods
- Ownership Status
- Currently Own
- S197 Model
- GT 4.6L
- Mods - Handling
- Whiteline lowering springs and adjustable swaybars, Whiteline adjustable panhard bar and brace, BMR adjustable uper and lower control arms and adjustable mounting brackets, Strange single adjustable struts and shocks, GT500 14" 4-piston front brakes w/ dtc-70 pads and 13.8" rear brakes w/ dtc-30 pads, Apex EC-7 18x11 53 offset wheels f&r w/ Toyo Proxes RR 295/30zr18 tires f&r, 3/4" spacer on front with long ARP studs, front brake cooling ducts, Steeda long ball joints and bumpsteer tie rod ends, urethane front control arm bushings, MM camber plates, Ford strut tower brace, Ford Racing T-2R differential and finned cover (keeping 3.55 gears).
- Mods - Power
- Steeda cold air kit w/ sct tuner, Steeda underdrive pulleys, Flowmaster Force II mufflers, Pypes 3/4 length stainless headers and catted H-pipe, FRPP aluminum driveshaft, Steeda tri-ax shifter & billet handle. Also have Comp 127200 cams not yet installed. And Steeda urethane engine mounts that set engine 1/2" lower.
- Mods - Exterior
- Front and rear Ford Racing tow loops and brackets. Changed to GT500 rear spoiler.
- Mods - Interior
- Omp hte-r driver's seat and solid mount, harness bar and 4-point harnesses, Steeda billet pedal covers. Steeda shifter and billet handle.
- Background & Plans
- I got this car from my father when he had to quite driving. I commuted with it for about a year while working on my Jeep. I was invited to attend a track club HPDE event at VIR and got hooked! I had already bought some parts leaning towards my drag racing background but decided HPDE was a much better use of this car. I plan to install racing seats and a rear cage in the car. I mostly need seat time to work on the driver mod.