Race Proven, Street Approved
- Exp. Type
- Time Attack
- Exp. Level
- 5-10 Years
Do you friggin’ love cars? Do you spend an unhealthy amount of your time on auto enthusiast forums and websites? Do you really enjoy writing? Does your passion for writing and love for all things automotive have you dreaming of the day when you can combine the two? Well, today is your lucky day.
Right now, our marketing department is at the crossroads of “let’s make awesome sh*t” and “ain’t nobody got time for that”. We’re searching nationally for skilled and creative Automotive Content Creators to augment our small, but effective team.
Enthusiasts smell bulls**t marketing from a mile away and APEX has always been known for our trusted guidance and education before selling any products. As we’ve grown, we’ve lost the bandwidth to churn out meaningful content and deliver in-depth write-ups that the performance automotive community appreciates and enjoys. Your mission is to get us back to our roots. You’ll be our investigative journalist who’ll pick the brains of our product experts, chase down our engineers for raw data, and shake down anyone else necessary in order to publish thought-provoking content. Your technical guides will be eye openers. The level of detail in your tutorials will set new standards. Your opinion pieces will make you a known personality in the community. You will be known as a true enthusiast.
You’ll be responsible for delivering feature articles and reviews that attract enthusiasts to our site and technical guides that help them purchase without needing to pick up the phone. You’ll support our video team by creating outlines and scripts to ensure they are effective and to the point. You need to be a bit of a technical editor to combine all the feedback from our staff, so understanding the industry is critical. Formal journalism experience is great, but so is an applicant with a history of passionate writing such as detailed project build threads, DIY guides, product reviews, etc. We’ll know good writing when we see it.
Our Automotive Content Creators Are:
- Diehard automotive/motorsport/powersport enthusiasts.
- Broadly familiar with performance parts and proper vehicle setup from suspension/brakes to alignment. We’ll give you a Ph.D. in wheels but you should already have an undergrad in modifying cars.
- Passionate about writing outside of work with examples to prove it.
- Articulate with extremely clear written and verbal communication skills. (Grammar Nazis welcome)
- Able to break down and explain complex ideas in simple ways.
- Good story tellers that can keep the reader’s attention.
- Able to add their own voice and style to their writing – avoiding dull, fact listing write-ups.
- Organized enough to easily get along with the other neat freaks on the team.
- Active users of popular social media platforms.
- Able to spot spelling and grammatical mistakes in this job listing.
- Lifelong learners that are stoked to learn new ideas, explore new ways of communicating, and digging their teeth into new skills.
- Proficient at balancing form & function in their writing when facing deadlines.
Our Automotive Content Creators Will:
- Research and develop article/video concepts with the Sales and Marketing team.
- Decrease the need for customers to contact our sales team by improving our online content and product information, transforming our website into a potent, 24/7 sales and support tool.
- Help revamp the messaging and descriptions on our boring product pages.
- Overcome our customer’s pre-purchase anxieties by creating helpful guides that empower them to order with confidence, such as “What tires are right for me?”
- Eliminate repeat customer questions and concerns by building out our FAQ.
- Take dry, internal technical notes from the sales team and turn them into digestible fitment guides by adding structure, an enthusiast-friendly language, and defining photos or graphics to support the text.
- Use editorial sensibility and data to iterate and refine content in real-time.
- Grow our forum presence by generating and posting fresh content the community would appreciate.
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to help create written content for email campaigns.
- Work with our in-house and contract photographers to clearly define the photos needed from a shoot to complement the written content it will be paired with.
- Work with our video team to police the accuracy of content by providing outlines and working with the editor to make sure we’re on point and correct.
- Ensure all our new product launches and Group Buys are successful by determining what content the community wants and making sure we have it.
- Help post captivating content on social media that builds an authentic brand.
Perks and Benefits:
- Full-time position with competitive pay.
- Medical and dental benefits.
- 401k with employer matching.
- Vacation and Holiday pay.
- Work in your underwear - Fully remote telecommuting supported.
- Support your track addiction with reimbursements for HPDE and autocross event registration fees.
- Dedicated track car available for staff to drive at HPDE events.
- Full access to our shop with lift and tools to work on your car.
- Eligibility for the SEMA college grant and loan forgiveness program.
- Casual dress environment where T-shirts, jeans, and shorts are welcome.
- Get employee discounts and freebies on APEX products and shwag.
- Participate in company activities including karting, track days, VR sim racing, dinners and more.
- Local hires always preferred, but this position can be performed fully remotely from anywhere in the USA.
- 3+ years of related work experience in journalism and/or digital content industry or a meaningful portfolio of hobby writing available for review.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in journalism, communications, marketing or other relevant field.
- Working knowledge of SEO/SEM preferred.
meaningful on track experience and active automotive lifestyle required.
- Bonus points if you: Know HTML & phpBB forum code, have photography and/or video experience, and are comfortable on camera as a spokesperson.
How To apply
Please submit a cover letter and use it to tell us how involved you are in the automotive/motorsport world and why we should entrust you with our brand’s voice. Applications must be submitted via our online form found here: https://apply.workable.com/apexraceparts/j/8109C25183/
Do NOT contact us directly by phone or in person. All applicants must apply via the link above to be considered.
APEX is an equal opportunity employer.
Who are we?
APEX Race Parts is a close-knit team with a burning passion for anything with 4 wheels that can set a lap time on a race track. We’ve been in business since 2007 and our core competency is lightweight performance wheels. The growth of our team and the maturing of our company has opened a new chapter where we expand into every active enthusiast community that attends track days.