The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 08 Bullitt Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Virginia
For anyone interested in the car:

I have owned my B for 7 years now and never really had a direction to take it until 2019. I attended a holiday laps event at VIR and I found my interest. It wasn't much, but it was something I was really interested in and felt like the next hobby with a goal. A goal of driving a slow car fast and learning and improving more with each corner. I am a novice that hasn't participated in a track event yet, but I hope to soon.

As listed in the profile, here is a wall of text regarding the current build of the car:
- Engine/Trans

- CMCP delete
- FRPP Hot Rod Cams
- SLP Delete Axle Back
- Dyno’d 298/303
- Mcleod Flywheel
- Exedy Stage 2 clutch
- Stainless clutch line
- MGW shifter

- Suspension

- FRPP M Springs
- Maximum Motorsports Panhard bar (not installed yet)
- Bullitt strut tower brace (doesn’t really fit anywhere else, so it’s going here)

- Brakes

- S550 6 Piston Conversion
- 15” OEM 13/14 GT500 Rotors
- Hawk HP+ Front pads
- DBA 3000 slotted rear rotors
- Ceramic rear pads
- SRF Fluid
- Ducts partially installed (bumper completed, need to put plates on knuckle and run hoses)

- Wheels and tires

- Apex EC-7 19x10 Square
- PS4S 285/35/19 Square

- Exterior

- Carters customs items below
- Front splitter (not installed yet)
- Side splitters
- Rear Diffuser
- Double adjustable spoiler
- Amerihood CS6 style heat extraction hood (small functional vents)

I have noticed some areas I would really like to improve on some spirited driving and have some goals on that front. A better seat is a must and is on the short list.
Long list:
- tackling the cooling that it seems like these cars desperately need
- Further suspension
- A bit daunting with as much as I've read. Not too sure where to begin with a best bang for my buck approach.

Input into the build is appreciated. I am most definitely learning as I go here.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Virginia
In all honesty, hoping for beginning of next year. Other plans through the rest of the year won't allow it this year

Apex Wheels

Race Proven, Street Approved
Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Bay Area, CA
We need more pictures of this!

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
Very nice car with some good mods. For your next upgrade, I'd suggest a set of camber plates. There are several vendors to choose from - Vorshlag, Maximum Motorsports, Steeda, Ground Control - with Vorshlag seeming to be preferred by most here. The other thing to consider is brake pads that are more heat-tolerant for track sessions. Good luck and welcome!

TMO Supporting Vendors