The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 Bullitt for road racing . Let's Geaux! Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Thanks for posting and do keep us updated as you build the " Bayou Bullitt! " Looks like a great start and what is your hoped for timetable to complete and compete!?

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
NOLA
Thanks for posting and do keep us updated as you build the " Bayou Bullitt! " Looks like a great start and what is your hoped for timetable to complete and compete!?
Thank you for your interest Bill.
I will admit I do not get on the PC often. I'm 6 months late? LOL.
Machine shops which have been backed up for months , complete motor and stock suspension ,brakes drivetrain etc and out pocket of funding always paced this. I wanted to enjoy doing it myself and have been delaying based on rules also. I had hoped to be ready for March. The C word has come into the family and has taking time away as well other life interrupts. Right?
In reality, finish some interior body welds, then bring car to the pro to have the Watson cage welded and improvements. Motor is at the builder who just got infected with covid. I will post more as I go. I have decided to use the Kenny Brown suspension and bracing ( Cortex I did not know of and looks like they have very nice products). Tremec trans, all the upgraded stuff we all do. I will let you guys know that I made lot of purchases with many of the venders here and as well with fellow site members. Unfortunately time is coming where this model will be obsolete for where we intend to be. Many years ago I had purchased an A Sedan Camaro used ( already campaigned to save money) before... it was a losing prop because we had to redo it. So I decided to go ground up all new under my control as I have done with past cars. My intention is to enjoy seat time as well teach an associate then determine a future direction. I have kept all the receipts, detailed photos and each machine shop for a car history. We have log books so why not? This car will have the stock Bullitt motor & trans untouched so at a later time if I sell it gives a buyer options.
This is a little content for the site. Hope all the members have great season of racing.

TMO Supporting Vendors