The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2012 Black/Red Boss 302 Laguna Seca with 12 miles !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Friend of mine has a pristine Boss 302 LS in his private collection that he has decided to sell. I am not sure on the price, though for another collector this is an almost priceless find in the what is considered by many the most popular color combination. I can get you in contact with him if interested as I only hope some TMO member has a first shot at this machine before he puts it on BaT or Dupont Registry , or something.

Send me a PM here and I can get you info as well as yours so he knows you are a TMO member.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
The guy has a decent collection , and is also a Trackrat, and I would imagine he has had it running and charged while in his possession.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
Maybe it is just me, but I think it is a shame to have a car that is that much fun and capable and not enjoy it. Come on, 1 mile per year average is just ridiculous.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I agree to a point, but I also respect how different folks exercise their passion for the automobile. This guy is a track rat and he is committing to do alot more at road courses and he is selling some of his cars that were just part of his collection preserving unique cars. Someone who wants a pristine LS, this is a chance to acquire one from an individual who is a serious enthusiast.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
I guess I am just jealous that I couldn't get a Boss when I bought my 2011GT. There were so few made that first year and the dealer allocation was so small in my area that even if I could find one the adm was outrageous. The funny thing was I could have bought a Shelby GT500 since there were several in the area sitting on show rooms at sticker or less. I didn't want to pay the Shelby price for a driver at the time. This was before the track bug bit.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
The auto bug hits all of us differently, and though the majority of my friends are Track or Autocross fanatics, I have others that are car show nuts, collectors, drag racers, cruisers, or serious W2W pilots. Regardless the passion is so similar I have found respect for all of them and it sometimes amazes me we , as carbon based life forms, are so crazily attached to these 4 wheeled metal or composite rolling objects.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
The thing about a 12 mile LS I don’t like is simple. I know I don’t have the discipline to allow the car to remain with low miles. The devil sitting on my left shoulder always seems to get his way over the angel sitting on my right.
just take he around the block, no one will know………. And the 12 becomes 12,000. Lol.
I hope the LS finds a nice home.,

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I had a 96 Viper GTS with 151 miles and I drove it home from Woodhouse Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram where I worked. It now had 157 miles and it drove perfectly those 6 miles to my garage. I knew I could never drive it again since it was such a blast , so like TMS noted, I avoided the intense desire, sold it almost immediately ( for a handsome profit ) and got a newer to drive whenever I wanted!!

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
A really wonderful car. But a small buyer audience. Collector market at this point is limited as most collectors already have one.

Anyone who wants to drive it will need new tires, fluid changes, and most of the oil seals will need careful inspection.

I’m in the drive it like you want to have fun camp 🤣

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Huntsville, AL
I’m not in the market, and probably couldn’t afford it if I were, but if I were and I did, I’d drive the piss out of it. Same as I would a ‘65 GT350. And both would absolutely see track time.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
No argument that many who buy would drive, and that is part of the reason the owner is selling as he is getting more into tracking his cars , but he needs to sell some to do what he wants to do. Window sticker is still on the window and he has kept it and others in his collection started and run, etc.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Posting for a friend as there are those who do both and also because there may be someone who wants a driver, but likes the idea they are essentially the first one to put miles on the car. Found out it has 9 miles.

TMO Supporting Vendors