The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 LS Totaled by Drugged up Thieves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Dude, I'm so sorry to see this. Brings tears to my eyes and it's not even my car.

What the hell is wrong with people these days?

They stole the Shifter & my Vanity plate "BOSS-LS"
Somehow they were able to defeat the Alarm. The car was not at my house. It was in a garage at my business.
I had moved it into that section last week. I was on my way to pick it up, while all this was going on.
I must have been in shock, because It is bothering me more today, than when it first happened.
I only owed $2400.00 on the car. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I am torn between landing another LS, or playing the GT350 scalping exercise. I made a local dealer an offer of $3000.00 over MSRP, and an order for a GT350 with every option available. Under this scenario, they would make a sizable profit. They don't floor plan the car, it is sold before they get invoiced.

They did not bite, they are holding out for $7,000.00 over.

Wow, that is crazy.

You don't hear of stuff like that as much around here (CO). You hear of vandalism of vehicles parked outside, but to break in to a business and wreck a car like that - we have concealed carry and the "Make My Day" law, and every few months there is a reminder incident for those who might otherwise be brazen enough to do that. Not that it doesn't happen, but I think it is a little less likely.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/tag/make-my-day-law/

I hope you get a big payout and a nice new 350R. Be patient and one will come your way. It might be a year, but it will happen.

GB218

TMO Addict
GT350,

I just saw your pics. They made me sick. I know it doesn't help, but man, I'm so sorry.

It could have been a whole lot worse. Thank God you weren't hurt.

Like everyone else, I'm hoping everything works out well for you and that you get a new ride.

WOW :eek:

Looks like they took their time!!
Really hope everything works out for you and you'll have zero regrets.
Who ever did this will get what they deserve.

The demise of your pristine LS is very sad indeed! I hope justice will be served one way or another...This brings to mind the movie "Christine", where the thugs trash a red Fury, but She comes back to life and takes care of business....only wish your Boss had the same ability.

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
Wow that is just downright disturbing, especially since I too have a 13 black LS.

I hope your insurance does right by you and whichever Mustang you end up getting down the road enjoy!

Very sorry to see this and I hope things work out better somehow in the end for you. I can only imagine the level of anger you must be feeling.

Did the vandal's show any interest in anything else in the garage or does it look like this was a dedicated effort just to get their hands on the car? Makes you wonder if someone familiar with the building let the cat out of the bag on where it was being stored. This verses the scumbags just happening to get "lucky" while already intending to break into the building anyway.

This level of destruction looks/smells like someone had a bone to pick. Hopefully Karma will catch up with them, preferably when they least expect it and in the slowest most painful way possible :mad:

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Very sad to see. I hope you get whatever your heart desires to replace it and you truly get to enjoy it. I can totally empathize with this as my wife and I had a similar incident when we returned from our honeymoon. We had her brand new laptop with all of pictures from it stolen while we were trying to get into her car in the parking garage at the local airport. We asked airport security if they had surveillance cameras to monitor the garage so we could try and find whoever did it. Maybe your business has something that could be used to track down the culprits.

That really does suck. I would be so pissed if I were you. I just don't understand what someone is thinking when they do something like this.

Could you please post up the production number for your car? I'm in the market for a black '13 LS and it would help if someone decides to flip it.

Thanks and good luck finding your next car, the search is part of the fun.

Bay Area
Damn, sorry about your car. I hope those douche bags get what they deserve. Good luck on finding a new replacement LS or GT 350.

Im not sure of your location , but Perry Ford in San Diego has three GT 350's allotted to them and they don't do the dealer mark up like most others.

wow - very sad to see. Looks like those "kids" had anger issues, why do something like that, just for kicks? Good luck in your GT350 search.

REAL 1

Death smiles at everyone. Army Rangers smile back.
Unfortunately the world is full of living human garbage. Neanderthals like them should get what they deserve if there is any justice.

That is truly sickening. It brings back memories of when my 2003 Mach 1 was vandalized. The entire car was sprayed with some type of industrial paint remover that caused the paint to peel up down to the bare metal. The entire car needed to be repainted and the wheels refinished. All of the lights and glass were also replaced. My insurance company ended up paying over $15000 for the repairs and the car was in the shop for three months.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel