The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 Track apps accelerometer #s for fun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey guys, I was playing around with the track apps in the dash and clicked on the accelerometer. I have never been to a road course, and this is on stock Pirrelli rubber and T springs and BMR suspension mods. It keeps your highest g's saved. Here is what I got and would like to know what everyone else has saved as a best. Please state If yours is on stock rubber or what tires you used.
Brake .94
right .75
left .80
accel .81
So again, this is just street driving, but I'm interested to see what everyone elses best #'s are street or track, on the track apps in your car not a gps or go pro. I think the accel is the most interesting to me.
Thanks guys, lets have a bit of fun.
12 owners, post yours if you have an app or device that records it for you and state what kind it is.

I keep forgetting to check mine.
Do you know if it records it by itself in the background, or do I have to have the accelerometer/track apps open for it to start recording?

MA
58d9b62e405830d1524820c31fced84a.jpg

This was after my first track day last week. After I watched some other videos, I see I could have been a lot harder on the brakes!

SeattleBoss

TrackAttack 9-23-13
After a track event at The Ridge in Shelton WA a few weeks back. Everything is pretty much stock except for some Michelin Pilot SS tires.

Accelerometer_zps6014f656.jpg

Haven't really had a chance to nail it from a standing start with the launch control yet.

F.D. Sako said:
I keep forgetting to check mine.
Do you know if it records it by itself in the background, or do I have to have the accelerometer/track apps open for it to start recording?
It must record the numbers by itself as I have never set mine and the numbers are there. But im sure every time you undo your neg battery cable it erases them.

Yes, I have a 2012, but this got me thinking. When I run at the track I use a G-Tech pro which has a g meter in it. I never really pay attention to the g-forces, only the top speed and the overall time. I overlaid the data to video for last time I was at Watkins Glen. While watching the video, I noticed that at times the g-forces were over 1.5g's. So I started going thru the actual data and found my max g-forces. I had 1.13 fwd; 1.34 braking; 1.54 left and 2.49 right. Now the 2.49 was for a real short period of time, but I believe it is correct as it worked up to that reading and then back down. This is also with 305 P-Zero slicks which seem to have amazing traction. Could 2.49 g's be possible?

TMO Supporting Vendors