The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2015 King Cobra

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you think of the King Cobra package offered by Ford Racing? It has over 600 HP and does the 1/4 mile in less than 11 seconds.

http://wot.motortrend.com/1411_2015_ford_mustang_king_cobra_bows_at_sema_with_600_hp.html

qargojntepr3oiuhpjgy.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=cRkFGTDWEng

ArizonaBOSS said:
Obviously not a corner-carver, but I'm wondering why they went with the Pep Boys wheels for a prestigious show like SEMA.

Pep Boy Wheels? Those are Weld Racing wheels. Hardly anything pep boy. I know you are far enough into racing to know that those aren't pep boy wheels. They are 100% drag racing wheels. It looks like they were trying to go for a retro bullit style wheel.

Tulsa, OK
Sean said:
Pep Boy Wheels? Those are Weld Racing wheels. Hardly anything pep boy. I know you are far enough into racing to know that those aren't pep boy wheels. They are 100% drag racing wheels. It looks like they were trying to go for a retro bullit style wheel.

Yes they are Welds...but they could have picked a much better set in my opinion

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Sean said:

Yes, I was being facetious, no need to get all torqued off about it. :)

It's just that they look like...well...turds. There are MANY classic designs that would fit that car well but these just don't, at least in my opinion.

Not feeling the wheels or graphics at all. Seems cheesey looking. Is that paint or vinyl?? however I do like the HP# and the IRS. I stick with my Boss.

It pays great homage to the worst Mustang ever made, and will sell like hotcakes to teenage boys in rural Indiana and Arkansas.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel