The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2018/2019 GT Front Brake Cooling Ducts - Any Solutions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Everything I've found for S550 front brake cooling ducts or inlets are only for 2015-2017. Ford changed the front fascia for 2018, and I don't see any available options out there.

Does anyone know of any options out there? Or has anyone developed their own solution?

@Fair any update on your brake cooling ducts?

Bouth 3 inch silicone mishimoto tubes.
Fulltiltboogie plates.
And 6$ 3inch inlet in amazon.
Doing by myself
Hope this helps
I have painted black the inlet and I made better cut now. I'm expecting to finish sunday.

Hope this helps

This is a big help, thanks! They’re looking great so far, well done.

I’ll probably do something similar myself. Really appreciate having all the parts listed out, this will be much easier now.

Post some pics or a video when you’re done!

Scott
Doing somenthing now.
I published somenthing in IG
italian_stang
Let me know what you think
Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

This looks great, well done. I'm running a square 305 setup, it looks like you think this will rub based on your other post. But I really like what you did. My brakes definitely need a better way to stay cool.

I am curious, do you think there is a way to install inlets in the corners under the turn signals?

This looks great, well done. I'm running a square 305 setup, it looks like you think this will rub based on your other post. But I really like what you did. My brakes definitely need a better way to stay cool.

I am curious, do you think there is a way to install inlets in the corners under the turn signals?
It will rub. However only when u go fully in.
I tape with gorilla tape a lot.
Hopefull will help.
That space under the turn signals is not really useable. Behind you have the tire.
You should find a custom made one than after turn in and then turn again and go low. Not sure if it is effective.
Also
I think from a pressure point of view putting the inlet more inside will receive more pressured air vs the one so lateral.
I tried to have the straightest route to the brake. I would do the hole 1cm more lateral that I did. The radiator deflector are a little on the way.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

TMO Supporting Vendors