The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

315 R6s on all four corners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The 10.5" and smaller wheels leave too much on the table. They don't get the full use out of the 315 tire. Even the 11" doesn't really get ALL the tread on the ground, though it gets most of it, and it will still fit under the stock fenders.

modernbeat said:
The 10.5" and smaller wheels leave too much on the table. They don't get the full use out of the 315 tire. Even the 11" doesn't really get ALL the tread on the ground, though it gets most of it, and it will still fit under the stock fenders.

Jason - Thank you for reconfirming my decison to go with the 11" front and 12" rear Forgestars. Received the call yesterday from Vorshlag that my wheels have shipped ;D

blacksheep-1 said:
315 R6 is what we run on the t2 cars, you won't be sorry
How wide are the wheels?

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
hmmmm,,,,, Interesting... Is it feasible to run 315/30-18 on SVE 10X18 wheels?? Finding 305's is getting harder. Just NT01 and R888 to be seen.

Mad Hatter said:
hmmmm,,,,, Interesting... Is it feasible to run 315/30-18 on SVE 10X18 wheels?? Finding 305's is getting harder. Just NT01 and R888 to be seen.
It may be feasible but you won't be benefitting from the full tire surface. The inside inch of the 315s on my 10.5 rears don't even touch the track which is why I'm planning to go to the 11"/12" Forgestars.

I'm thinking about ordering the Forgestars http://www.vorshlag.com/product_info.php?cPath=141_142_268&products_id=624 but am wondering if anyone's running a 315 on the front with these using a Koni Yellow or FRPP Tokico damper and stock size springs (P in my case)? Reading through the description on their site it sounds like they were running 295s in front and 315s in the back and that to run 315s up front you might need to roll the fenders.

cloud9 said:
I'm thinking about ordering the Forgestars http://www.vorshlag.com/product_info.php?cPath=141_142_268&products_id=624 but am wondering if anyone's running a 315 on the front with these using a Koni Yellow or FRPP Tokico damper and stock size springs (P in my case)? Reading through the description on their site it sounds like they were running 295s in front and 315s in the back and that to run 315s up front you might need to roll the fenders.

I am running those wheels but run 305/660's on them. I am using "P" springs with the factory struts. Not sure if there is a difference with the struts though? Up front, I think 315's would fit, but they would close to hitting the strut body. From memory, I think I have about a half inch clearance there. And as long as you have lots of negative camber, the outside will not hit. I run -2.7 degrees. Not the best pictures to show you the clearance.

Kq8s90.jpg

gU6Joe.jpg

tqGbYm.jpg

06mach1 said:
I am running those wheels but run 305/660's on them. I am using "P" springs with the factory struts. Not sure if there is a difference with the struts though? Up front, I think 315's would fit, but they would close to hitting the strut body. From memory, I think I have about a half inch clearance there. And as long as you have lots of negative camber, the outside will not hit. I run -2.7 degrees. Not the best pictures to show you the clearance.
Thanks Mike. The dampers probably don't matter assuming stock, Koni Yellows and FRPP Tokicos are all the same diameter. I was just trying to distinguish between an OEM diameter strut setup versus an adjustable coilover that is significantly narrower. If you have a half inch, and theoretically add 5 mm on each side for a 315, it would still clear. 1/4" is enough clearance to the strut. My greater concern is clearing the fender. I have -2.7 degrees of camber so am probably ok, but as my picture showed in the first photo, it does stick out further than yours in the front. I just need to call Vorshlag to confirm. I'm assuming they have plenty of experience with those wheels and 315s up front.

cloud9 said:

You can run 315 front and rear. The OEM style struts actually have more clearance to the tire/wheel than coilover style struts.

modernbeat said:
You can run 315 front and rear. The OEM style struts actually have more clearance to the tire/wheel than coilover style struts.
Good deal. I'll get around to placing an order soon. Not exactly in a huge hurry as I just got done snowblowing 8" of snow :mad:

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
cloud9 said:
Not exactly in a huge hurry as I just got done snowblowing 8" of snow :mad:

Real men shovel ;)

I had to dig my trailer out of 12" of snow, get it up the ice-covered driveway, and then try to load the GTS car onto it. Doesn't help when the entire tilt-bed is a sheet of ice and you are on dead-a$$ Falken Azenis (although even good Azenis probably would have proven to be a problem). Car slid several inches each time I would tighten the straps down. FUN! The cage should be done getting re-worked as of today :)

Real men shovel ;)

i used to think that way about wood splitting as well....

FWIW I'd stay away from anything that has a polished wheel rim, the pressures you will need to run are low enough that when cold you can pull the tire off of the wheel. As you know I'm a proponent of CCW, I also know they are expensive, but at least try to duplicate what they are trying to do.

JScheier said:
Real men shovel ;)

I had to dig my trailer out of 12" of snow, get it up the ice-covered driveway, and then try to load the GTS car onto it. Doesn't help when the entire tilt-bed is a sheet of ice and you are on dead-a$$ Falken Azenis (although even good Azenis probably would have proven to be a problem). Car slid several inches each time I would tighten the straps down. FUN! The cage should be done getting re-worked as of today :)
I usually do and hadn't even used it yet this year, but couldn't help myself. It's the closest thing that sounds and looks like the Boss that I'll drive for a while :'( I think I've changed oil in it more times than I've actually used it ::)

Ariens_zps9c05eb19.jpg

What's this GTS car you speak of????????

TMO Supporting Vendors