The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 3rd times a charm 2021 GT500 Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

:oops: Ok so we’re turning the 500 into a gridlife track mod car…..i just can't leave well enough alone. All my friends are yelling at me to leave it….but i want this thing to be a track monster……. I installed vorshlags, has track alignment, hoho’s r7 on 20’s are ready, race seat and roll bar are in my garage.

over winter its going to serpeant stangs racing for the final mods To make it competitive.

spare trunk painted with the cftp raised upright wing
IMG_0373.jpeg

Tony, Tony, Tony, always wants a faster Pony, Pony, Pony!! Can't wait to see the Supercharged Serpent on a road course!
In all fairness……id rather do this than 45k for a sequential and all to make it work in the 350

😑 well i didnt have time to install my roll bar, my race seat Didnt fit on the sparco seat bracket, and my schroth harness was the correct box, but passenger inside. So i was stuck with my stock seat, no support laterally and a 1:41.0 on south With r7’s.

IMG_6259.jpeg
Daughter had to add her touch to the anderson cf decklid
IMG_6273.jpeg

106D15B6-51EF-4D0D-AA04-A27D15269260.jpeg
its going to serpeant stangs racing to get mods for grid life track mod.

And yes, all 3 cars got worked today on south.

Monaca Pa
😑 well i didnt have time to install my roll bar, my race seat Didnt fit on the sparco seat bracket, and my schroth harness was the correct box, but passenger inside. So i was stuck with my stock seat, no support laterally and a 1:41.0 on south With r7’s.

View attachment 90866
Daughter had to add her touch to the anderson cf decklid
View attachment 90867

View attachment 90868
its going to serpeant stangs racing to get mods for grid life track mod.

And yes, all 3 cars got worked today on south.
You win father of the year for letting your daughter do that. That so cool.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
If you keep the raised upright wing in track mod, add the archetype gurney piece. It makes a real difference in DF that you can feel. My anderson wing in low setting with the gurney stuck as well as no-gurney in high.

Looks nice and when on sale is less than $300.

IMG_0817.jpeg
Welp, some stuff i cannot divulge as its all part of his r&d. The 500 will enter gridlife Track mod so i cannot run slicks or hoosiers. we will be running goodyear f1 3r’s 325/30/19 square forgelines ga1r’s.

list of mods is extensive but it will be the following
a lot weight reduction
900-1000hp tune e85
fuel system
injectors
coolers
mcs 3 way
2020gt350r front knuckles for the 19’s
2020 gt350r front calipers and gt350 girodiscs for the 19’s
in house aero/splitter
cms roll bar
cf hood
custom fenders
race seat
SPL tidbits

i mat do cf doors
and whatever else my budget allows.
being dropped off nov 10th.

@Ludachris let me buy some tmo stickers so i can advertise at all the events

Drove down to bowling green and dropped off the 500. Talked to Steve, the owner of SSR, for a while and he really knows his stuff and has done a lot of r&d on his cars. His 500 is going to get wild over the next year..PEEP the AJ GT3 wing

IMG_6653.jpeg

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Actually you likely have an American Iron Xtreme car since it is pretty much no holds barred!
AIX currently has a 5-1 rule. That is up for possible change this year, but it's hasn't been open weight/HP for a while now.
Some are arguing for 6.5-1 while others want to go back to the unlimited days of old. No idea what's going to happen there....
Stay tuned.

Paid all the invoices for the build, and the mcs 3 ways the day before i went to cabo for the weekend. Last invoice is for the forgelines, cant wait to see what they look like, of course im doing something weird. I was sending @5.2 liters of democracy pix of me in my swimsuit, i dont know why he kept asking. :idontknow:

IMG_6757.jpeg
That is a 200million dollar yacht built in 2003 and sold to a swedish pharmaceutical billionaire in 2018 parked off the beach of my hotel.

now im back and the ATC trailer is in for its 6000 mile maintenance and upgrades (second battery, hydraulic over electric jack, and stuff here and there). The f-350 got a 55 gallon titan tank while i was gone thanks to @TMSBOSS recommendation. Now waiting for parts to come in and build updates.

TMO Supporting Vendors