The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Adjustable End Links

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Florida
2020 GT PP1, 13k miles. Tracking mostly. I recently added adjustable BMR camber plates and Steeda adjustable end links. I have the stock sway bar and SR Performance lowering springs. Stock shocks. I have a faint clunking sound when going over bumps. Any ideas? I have not adjusted the end links yet. Could they be causing the problem? I also did not modify the bump stop. Thanks for the help. I’m 16 hours into finding the clunk. LOL.

IMG_5421.jpeg

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
MD
Steeda endlinks have a grease fitting. Sometimes they come in contact with the strut when turning or going over bumps. It happened to me and put a small dent in the struts. I swapped out for links without a grease fitting. I would check to see if there is contact between the fitting and the strut body when it’s on the ground

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Florida
Steeda endlinks have a grease fitting. Sometimes they come in contact with the strut when turning or going over bumps. It happened to me and put a small dent in the struts. I swapped out for links without a grease fitting. I would check to see if there is contact between the fitting and the strut body when it’s on the ground
Right on. Yes, mine have grease fittings. I’ll check that as well. Thank you.

Two others that I've experienced: The upper spring perch / bearing (forget exact name) could be bad. Or, the one I chased for 1 entire year: The strut itself was bad, finally could see the shock's shaft moving while applying force to the tire.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Florida
Two others that I've experienced: The upper spring perch / bearing (forget exact name) could be bad. Or, the one I chased for 1 entire year: The strut itself was bad, finally could see the shock's shaft moving while applying force to the tire.
I will check that as well. Thanks!

TMO Supporting Vendors